Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Paperazzi

Default Re: Project: Paperazzi

LMFAO... check out this reply from the local forum.. this really is a LOL Of The Day for me.. LMFAOLMFAOLMFAO...

OMFG... *can't stop laughin* tell me which part of Paperazzi in post #63 here is feng shui-ish... cos I can't figure it out myself... LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Lol no idea. Perhaps the top panel???
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

I am in such a WTF state right now after reading that lmfao... jayyysus...

Been sick for few days, havent been touching the mod, but should get back to it by this weekend. Till then

Mwehehehehe. I've recovered... mwehehehehe. Didn't go anywhere on Saturday just trying to get the spray job done. Did a few parts on Friday. First the right, last, remaining panel that is still not progressing due to paint job on the left panel. Not much of a looker cos I wanna keep it as plain as possible just in case I need to haul the case somewhere else (I move around a lot)

Right Panel Part 2

Ripped out the running ball from the mold and sprayed it black first. Then I moved to the "stones" in it. A layer of black and straight away another highlight layer of brown back to back so the colors mix and the brown goes darker. After it dried, a bit of swinging of the arm to highlight it a lil with the brown.

Done and done, time to mold the sides of the bowl. First a simple template for the bowl itself. Then extending it to half of the remaining length at 45 degrees. Thats all for the panel now, want to finish the spray job for the top and front panel first, which is already grip glue-layered and cleaned for Saturday morning. And then more of the left panel, slime time

Front Panel Part 7

Had been laying around for a couple of days untouched so time to move my lazy ass and get it colored. As usual, one layer of black, dried and crappy purplish looking. Then another black layer to get it all shiny, and immediately a brown layer for highlight of darker brown shades.

One more last job to do for it is to highlight it with brighter brown and then some slime-work (read Left Panel Final Part below) on it and basically the mod will be about 90% done by then

Top Panel Part 7

Another spray job for this part. Usual layers of spray, except that this time it turned tad too dark for the brown =\ One more highlight layer and it'll be done.

Left Panel Final Part

The last time you saw it its meta-black with dark brown highlights. Now its fully done for the spray job, except the one last layer of clear spray which I plan to do for all 4 panels at the same time.

Its basically done. Woke up after the slime work and got the shock of my life lol, not to say its good or bad. First thing's first. Some might have played these things earlier; mix poster/water color with glue and it'll eventually harden into a shiny, smooth colored pulp. Thats Happy Tree Friends at the back lol

Pour it onto the center part of the panel. Here I accidentally rubbed my finger against one of the molds, and while trying to wipe the stain away I noticed some of the colored glue sipped in between teh cracks and highlighted the cracks. I thought it looked nice with those lines highlighted so eventually rubbed the remaining into the panel to highlight the cracks produced by paper

Honestly, I didn't like how the centre turned out, so when I woke up I discovered something I'm very pleased with... ...the paper soaked up all the glue, leaving only streaks of dark purple on it. Phew. So well yeah, just imagine the panel for now from the picture above minus the purple thing in the middle No pix, its dark in here.

K, tats all for now, been out of town for the past 2 days so I guess I'll do the rest tomorrow morning when I wake up. Oh yeah, a sneak peek of the thing in the dark.

Man this got the be the longest post I've ever done for this thread.

Later.

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Really interesting paint job. Suits the design perfectly.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Nearing completion. Not much sun right now so cant really get a decent pic of the latest paintjob. Maybe in another 24 hours.

I haven't forgotten your banner, just way too busy ATM to get to it. I'll get ya one eventually but I'll be out of town for the next week and a half so it will be a bit longer.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post
    I haven't forgotten your banner, just way too busy ATM to get to it. I'll get ya one eventually but I'll be out of town for the next week and a half so it will be a bit longer.
    Its alrite mate, everyone's got their own schedule.

Almost there... give and take another 48-72 hours to completion (if I don't oversleep everyday) Right panel remaining. Only 1 clear coat away for 3 panels, highlight-clear-slime for right panel, and a 120mm bracket for the 3 empty 5.25' slot

Left Panel Pre-Finale

Top Panel Pre-Finale

Posterglue-ised

Front Panel Pre-Finale

Right Panel 2 Episodes to Finale