Thread: Sound Blaster Audigy 5.1 to RCA Jacks

Noobsauce

Default Sound Blaster Audigy 5.1 to RCA Jacks

Ok guys, I appologise if this question's been asked, but I didn't see it on the forum. Here's what I've got at home:

Media Computer in the living room hooked up to my TV (VGA connection, standard.. hey, it's an old computer :] ) using an Audigy 2 w/ 5.1 output. Anyone familiar with the 5.1 output knows there are 3 line outs in the back, front, rear, and a center channel.

Connecting it to a Bose (lol @ me plz) Lifestyle 50 unit, which accepts RCA jacks (red/white). The problem isn't connecting the card: I have a jack->RCA cable. The problem is in that it only connects to the one channel. Does anyone know of a way or a cable that connects all 3 channels through the RCA lines?

Is it even worth it? Do RCA plugs not allow for true 5.1 sound? Should I invest in a receiver instead?

Maybe just sell the bose? :]

Default Re: Sound Blaster Audigy 5.1 to RCA Jacks

Each RCA jack (1 red, or 1 yellow) Can only feed 1 line of sound, such as they only have 2 wires going through. Power and ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothair View Post
    I guess it's just widely used and has had some of the best people in the world work on it, costing a ridiculous amount of money, for no actual reason. :/
    Have you checked out the front page lately?
    Projects:
    Moe's Tavern | Sponsored by: Mimo Monitors, Crucial, Thermaltake
    Book Of Knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Trace View Post
    Each RCA jack (1 red, or 1 yellow) Can only feed 1 line of sound, such as they only have 2 wires going through. Power and ground.
    psst. it's red and white (yellow is for video)

Anyways the only way you can get multi channel data over one pair of wires is to go digital. But that requires your receiver to support digital in.
    Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    ...I'm getting tired of not being able to figure this crap out because it's apparently made for computer-illiterate people by computer-illiterate people. lol

Where the hell is the "any" key? HackSore's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mtekk View Post
    psst. it's red and white (yellow is for video)
    Psst. Yellow can also be used for audio purposes, such as subwoofers!

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Psst. The colors only aid in where to connect the wires.

Forget there mumbo jumbo nailz

Go into your sound options and set the audio to Stereo mode then connect your mini jack adapter to the green socket and away you go.

RCA (Phono) plugs are Hi-Fi (stereo) only. You cant get 5.1 from them. You can simulate 5.1 through a reciever. For true 5.1 you'll need a reciever with a digital connection or multi channel input (a little rare).