Thread: AirFlowKing NZXT Case.

Default AirFlowKing NZXT Case.

NZXT Has mastermined a new case dubbed the "AirFloKing" case.

NZXT, a company built on realizing the dreams of gamers worldwide, is proud to announce the NZXT Tempest. Tempest features breakthrough features in every category satisfying the high performance demands of PC Enthusiasts and Gamers worldwide. Tempest stakes its claim as Airflow King with 6 fans including dual intake(120mm), dual exhaust(140mm) with additional side and rear fans(120mm) all included. Tempest maximizes expandability with E-ATX support allowing for more compatibility with high end components including larger graphics cards. Cable routing is pre-drilled so users can hide cables behind the motherboard tray, allowing for a cleaner appearance and improved airflow. Tempest also features server-like HDD space by using dual 120mm fans to cool cages holding up to 8 HDDs allowing for large capacity systems while maintaining cool temperatures.
    Looks preddy neat, slopes backward every so slighlty, and has strip lighting on the front. I wonder what ratings it got as far as air flow performance, and module partitioning airflow goes?

Default Re: AirFlowKing NZXT Case.

looks like the antec 900, an ugly ass case.... thought this one is a bit better.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Nzxt is freaking amazing lately. Not really my flavor of case (I'm more of a Rogue, Adamas fan), but still thats a pretty cool looking case. SO much better than their previous builds, which tend to remind me of transformer vomit. ...which is kind of cool when you think of it in that kind of light, but thats probably just me. lol

I wonder when it is going to be released? I can't wait to see some non-messed with photos!
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Isn't this the same case?

http://www.nzxt.com/products/tempest/

I guess they changed the name? That would explain why I couldn't get any google results when I googled "airflowking". lol

Tempest is a much better name, imo.

Yay I found it on newegg!

Nzxt Tempest

...and in unrelated news, a silver rogue!! DO WANT!

Nzxt Silver Rogue
    Last edited by Zephik; 05-30-2008 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Newegg
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

NZXT's new slogan. Buy "AirFloKing" Cases.
    Yea. I really like NZXT, I will upgrade from Trinity to Lexa soon.

"Airflow King: Dual 120mm intake, Dual 140mm Exhaust with an additional side 120mm fan and rear 120mm fan all included."

- Big Bruin Review

LoL! Holy mother of the apes that is ridiculous! Here I was wondering why they were calling it the "Airflow King".

Doubt I shall no more of the cooling capabilities of the Nzxt Tempest. ...or the jet engine decibels your bound to reach. lol

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zephik View Post
    SO much better than their previous builds, which tend to remind me of transformer vomit. ...which is kind of cool when you think of it in that kind of light, but thats probably just me.
    You mean like this:

I actually wanted that case at one point...

I currently have a Lexa and am pretty happy with it.

-Indybird

Few more pictures without photoshop alterations from xoxide. I wish they were as piano black looking in real life as they are in the pictures that NZXT puts out...

http://www.xoxide.com/nzxt-tempest-g...ase-black.html

Quote Originally Posted by Indybird View Post
    You mean like this:

*pic*

I actually wanted that case at one point...

I currently have a Lexa and am pretty happy with it.

-Indybird
    That case actually doesn't look half bad in black from that angle. lol

I remember when the Lexa first came out, I thought; "damn I wish I had a computer as sexy and elegant looking as that!!"

...fast forward to right now...

I still do!

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Yes that case is called the Tempest. NZXT has only crowned it as a "Airflow King". I don't think it looks half bad. The Antec 900 looks like crap in my opinion, plasticy and tacky. This looks like it has been constructed much better, still plastic though.

LEXA FTW!!!
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

How much faster can you render the bsod? Ap1thy's Avatar

I think it looks great, but I have a Lian-Li atm which makes it quite hard to justify that purchase