Page 71 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2161666768697071727374757681 ... LastLast

Thread: TBCS New Members Introductory Thread

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Default Re: TBCS New Members Introductory Thread

I love your wood
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Why must hard drives fail together? TheMainMan's Avatar

^Can I sig quote this?
    TheMainMan

Fresh Paint

Hello everyone, Here I am new so please every one do help me in my any prob.
    Check the TOS for rules concerning links in signatures...

Fresh Paint

hello everyone!
    I'm new here ,nice to meet you !
    Here good !

Fresh Paint

hey guys ...this is my 1st post.....im new here...so nt much i can post...niway...i hope u guys can help me ..i ned help.....tc yar....

Fresh Paint

Default My techno-life story :)

Allo!
    One of the turning points in my life was when I was in 11th grade, my grandparents computer died, my mom's computer died, and my dad had a dead computer. For some reason everyone gave me their dead tower. Two of them were the old Packard Bells. 166mhz processor, 8-16 mb ram, and a whopping -8X- cdrom drive! That's when I discovered I'm pretty intuitive with electronics. Having never opened a computer before, I took those three computers and mixed the working parts together to create my own. Of course, I had a lot of incentive. This was back in the Gateway days, where a personal computer wasn't in every home, and most people who had one leased theirs (aah, moo-cow box), so the idea of me having my own computer in my room was intoxicating. I took my first computer apart on my bedroom floor, carpet, without a static bracelet. (Didn't have any issues.) A little while later, I had my own computer. I even got my own ISP since I had a job. (Yay Earthlink!)
    I've been taking computers apart ever since, and as technology has advanced, I've learned about it from taking it apart. "Oh, so that's what a SATA connection looks like."
    I have four computers currently, 3 of which work. Two laptops and two desktops. I bought one computer in my entire life. A $1700 laptop in june, 2001. Two weeks later it went flying off the roof of a car doing 45 mph. (thank Machina credit cards insure your purchases for 30 days!) Went through a couple of free replacements my first year of college (I actually went through five computers my first year. Every time I got stressed I blew the motherboard) but after that, it's all been cast-offs as people I know replace theirs.
    My most recent acquisition came from PA's "State Surplus Store." It's a Dell Optiplex GX520. Cost my room mate (it was a b-day present) $35. All it needs is a new hard drive (since it was gov't they screw the hard drives or whatever) and some upgraded RAM. I've already got a killer graphics card. So it's at this point in time that I'm thinking of custom building a case for the components.
    So yea, that's my techo-life story. I have a tendancy to over-think things, which kind of messes up my "just go for it" intuition, so I might be asking a lot of questions, mostly about heat.
    So yea. Thnx for the read!

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Welcome Silver! Hope to see a worklog of your project.

hi

Fresh Paint

Hi there, newby here. Thought there's a lot of interesting stuffs here so I decided to join in on the fun. Nice to meet you all.

Fresh Paint

Hello All,

I just joined and wanted to say hi. I have been building/rebuilding PC's for awhile now, but always in their original cases, and am wanting to start getting creative. You guys have so many awesome mods, I hope to add to the awesomeness soon.