Page 62 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1252575859606162636465666772 ... LastLast

Thread: TBCS New Members Introductory Thread

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

Default Re: TBCS New Members Introductory Thread

Slugbug. That name sounds familiar.......-
    *looking at pg ~36.

Hey TBCS people. I've been building computers since 2003. I have followed TBCS on facebook for some time now but just got around to registering here. My computer is a bit outdated being an AM2, but I am holding off on upgrading because I'm joining the Air Force. I will be counting on the staff at TBCS to keep me up to date on the newest and best hardware so I can build the best PC for me upon completion of my 2 years of Special Ops training. Glad to be a part of your great site!

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Welcome to all of our new members. Now get back to modding!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PGTphotographer View Post
    Hey TBCS people. I've been building computers since 2003. I have followed TBCS on facebook for some time now but just got around to registering here. My computer is a bit outdated being an AM2, but I am holding off on upgrading because I'm joining the Air Force. I will be counting on the staff at TBCS to keep me up to date on the newest and best hardware so I can build the best PC for me upon completion of my 2 years of Special Ops training. Glad to be a part of your great site!

Watch out for this one guys, I have a feeling he will sneak up on you and knock your sister up before you can kick his ass.....

Welcome to the forum bro!

Fresh Paint

Hello
    I'm that into modding myself but i like to see what others do and maby someday i will make my own pc-mod. Im generaly fascinated by computers and i like playing games on them. Hope to see you all around in the forums!

Hi guys myself Prathamesh im frm India, i joined dis community to get sum ideas n knowledge to mod my pc TY guys!!TBCS rocks!!

Fresh Paint

Hi,

i want to build myself an Mass Storage/HHD Data Server Thingy and was searching for inspiration.

I actually found it here a year ago but i dont seem to be able to find it again, another member here build a Tower System with lots and lots of HDDs separated from the rest of the hardware.
    Anybody knows the mod im talking about ?

Sry for my bad english im german.

Hi my Name is George.

I am a Casemodder from Germany. I have been reading along here for a while.
    I just registered to wish you all a Merry Christmas!

So long :0)

Fresh Paint

yea well hey everyone!
    I was google:ing some pics of the Dark portal in wow and saw an awsome front case built as a portal guard. And so it was that I became a member of TBCS=)
    I'm no computer-all knowing person but I'm eager to learn=) And on the go witness some of the awsome modds created by human beings^^

At the moment I'm just at the planing/painting stage of my creation, The dark portal (In wood), but I recon it's gonna be good=) And if not, maybe someone will be inspired to do an even better version=)

Thanks

Welcome Ignition!

Fresh Paint

As requested, an intro:

My primary interest is quiet air cooling, and taking advantage of consumer-grade quality and priced parts when possible. To give you an idea where I'm coming from, my gaming machine recently moved from a CM 590 into a HAF 922 for the 200mm fans; it's hard for 140mm Yate Loons to compete. The 922 was cheaper than a couple of Noctua fans. On the other hand, the Sonata cases work pretty well for me for lower performance systems if I'm careful what I put in them. So I have low-brow tastes.

I overvolt dual video cards, which creates a lot of heat. To keep them quiet, I use aftermarket heatsinks (which then use larger diameter fans, directly or indirectly.) With multiple heat sources with different dynamic cooling needs, the easy answer is "turn on all the fans" which works but is loud. And wrong, since the side fan probably needs to be running lower than the top fan, and so on. I can attempt this with a manual fan controller; without good logging I'll never really know anyway.

I doubt I'll paint a single thing, and the pinnacle of aesthetics for me is hiding cables and clipping out LEDs. So why am I here? I decided embedded controllers are probably part of the solution and the micro forum here is one of the few places I've found talking about doing the kinds of things I want at the hobby level.

In particular, I'd really like to see the Arduino grow a set of common PC management tools and recipes so other people can put together the parts without figuring out how to, for example, combine fan speed control with RPM monitoring. I expected this to exist, but a lot of solutions won't work together, or have unacceptable problems like audible PWM noise when used with quiet PC fans.