Page 25 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1520212223242526272829303575 ... LastLast

Thread: TBCS New Members Introductory Thread

Default Re: TBCS New Members Introductory Thread

I'm not "new" per se, but I went inactive for about a year after my interest sort of sputtered out temporarily. I actually have a reasonable shot at doing something soon-ish, though, so I decided to get back in. Haven't modded anything before, but I'm comfortable using tools and building computers, so I thought I should give it a shot.
    AMD 64 X2 6000+ at 3ghz
    2GB RAM
    Diamond ATI Radeon HD 3850 512 MB

eee PC 1000HA with 2gb RAM, 250gb HDD

I was inspired by seeing the case mods that I had to jump in and be a part of this community. I don't have a great imagination, but There seems to b a lot of inspirational mods to give me a idea or two.
    http://speedingcomputer.com/2007/11/...case-mods/---- this is the site I was at when I found your community. I would like to thank them and you for sharing your ideas. Jamie

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

Welcome to your new addiction!
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

Fresh Paint

Gday Everyone, and a big shout out to any Australian Modders out there

I'm looking forward to sharing my work with you all, cheers
    The Cutting edge of modding, is on the end of your Dremmel

My name is Bruce and I've been fooling with computers for roughly two decades. Caused some damage at first; delete *.* does delete everything. I've been building PC's since 2002 and have built many for family, friends and even my in-laws. It's my first post but I've been lurking here for over a year. Finally decided to join since I'm starting a project shortly.

I've done a couple of small case mods in the past. First one I did was cutting the Yankees NY symbol into a case, placing Plexiglas behind it and lighting the case up with blue cold cathode tubing. Second modded case was an Antec Aria, which I never finished due to a small fire inside the case. Oops. Long story short, sparks and paint thinner.

I'm sure I'll have questions and judging by what I've read I'm guessing you guys will have answers.

Cheers
    Bruce

Hi folks,

Have enjoyed browsing the work logs over the past few weeks, I stumbled across the site whilst looking for images of interesting case mods and quality looking case mods, scratch built cases mainly for some inspiration.

After buying me some upgrades at christmas I had a spare PC, It has a Radeon X850XT ICEQ, pretty top end when bought a few years back. This card is UV reactive but even with a case window you could never get the benefit as the face of the card pointed to the floor. So, I decided I'd make a case to show the card being UV reactive. This led pretty quickly to deciding to have the motherboard lying flat but with the components underneath, with transparent perspex around 3 sides and the top. Another main requirement was portability but this is fast going out the window!

The computer parts all over the garage casued A parking problem (I love scrap and had 3 or 4 dismembered PC cases spread across the floor) so I modded the garage with a nice work bench at the end and a spot of rearranging. Now I have the basis of my workshop

Looking forward to getting a worklog going, just need to view some more sketchup tutorials and get a complete design down.

Nice site btw, hope this isn't too lengthy a first post, got carried away.

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Welcome to all the new members. Looking forward to seeing your work.

Hey guys

I saw this forum site on google, after looking for a place for Case Modding tips. And well this site is AWESOME

I am 14years old. I have built two computers from scratch and upgraded another, and have good knowledge of computers - hardware & software related. I haven't done an major modding to my machine, just some blue LED fans and thats about it.

I have some unusual idea's for case mods, but sadly being underage to get a proper job - and not being able to get a job ANYWHERE () i never have money to fund my projects. But when i start earning (a year or so time from now) i will definetly start my projects.

So i will be posting my idea's and blue prints for my projects, on the forum.

Dan

(Personal Note - Need to save up money to get a good dremel )

Hi guys,

I'm so glad to know and join, hope someday i can post my work in this forum.
    sorry for my english, i just still tryin to learn it.

Cheers from Indonesia

ATX Mental Case

Hello everybody,

i'm Chiller (Jo),

i'm addicted to Overclocking on TEC, dice and LN˛.
    I'm working now on my first casemod in my life.

30jears old, life together with a beautifull wife, no kids.

and have a full room just for my work on pc's.
    always have the last of the last new hardware and OC it for good scores on hwbot.

http://hwbot.org/user.do?userId=8646&public=true

and i posted my first casemod in the work in progress topic.