Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help TBCS do Something Great!

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Default Help TBCS do Something Great!

Is there anyone willing to help me Mod a case?

I want the TBCS community to choose a case and all the features, then Myself and other TBCS members WILL mail the case around the country, each adding our own touches.

I would LOVE to get anyone else available to help. This case will be our biggest Mod ever.

When finally complete the finished product will be mailed to our Next President!

For REAL

A universal White House/General Presidency theme would be ideal. I posted a thread in the Modding Ideas Forum to get the ideas flowing. First we need a PC case. What case does everyone think will be the best template?

Let's not concern ourselves with specs. This project may gain outside support and possibly sponsors who may want to add components, but that's for later.

As far as getting the case to our Next President, we'll have to research. My brother once was in the Secret Service and may know a way to do it.

Everyone who is onboard, let me know right here. Get your brains going on this. This very well could result in a huge pick up for TBCS as a whole. The population may grow intensely or it may be a big flop.

Whatever happens, I WILL DO THIS ALONE, if necessary. However, I know we can do this together even better.
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Is awesome

Default Re: Help TBCS do Something Great!

I would love to help (my skills aren't that great with actually working with materials, but I do like to imaginate). How about the famous white house facade on the front of the case with the stars and stripes painted on the other sides and such?

We could have this facade (this is technically the back, but whatever)
    on the base on the front, in 3D.

Somebody could paint the case completely, such as no empty metal showing of course in a red white and blue color sheme.
    You love my sig.

That is a nice idea.
    WH1T3 0U7
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

You could mod the case around the Whitehouse facade and have some animatronics of George Bush chasing Osama bin laden around the balcony with a string of (non-halal) sausages, a la "Punch and Judy".

I think the black guy, the white guy and the woman would all appreciate the humour - so it doesn't matter who wins the race.

CrazyB

ps my excuse is I said "you could" at the beginning of that post.

I guess no one is interested. Wow.
    WH1T3 0U7

I think most people in most countries around the world are not really interested in politics and even only vote out of a sense of either false self importance or obligation (or legal obligation such as the Aussies).

I really think a humorous mod would get some interest. On the lower balcony you could have Bush and Bin Laden drinking beers and laughing. Maybe you could embed a Pan Am Jumbo in the roof?

Unfortunately that is what Bush has done to American politics. Ruined it with his appalling "Project for the 21st American Century" ideas. Ideas like 'lets invade Iraq and own all the oil'.

Matthew

Is awesome

You could paint failed bills such as the economic stimulus package bills and no child left behind on one side of the case, too.

Prez bush could be sitting in a mini oval office on top of the case, playing gamecube and sitting on a couch made of 5 barrels of oil while outside the window a picket line in the distance is forming, with signs saying "do SOMETHING".
    You love my sig.

This Is For Our Next President! Probably Obama!!
    WH1T3 0U7

I think the majority of folks here are misunderstanding the gesture. This is not meant to be a political statement, or a favored shake toward any particular runner (even though TGS seems to be leaning toward Obama). The original concept that TGS had was to create a gift for the winner of the next presidential election as a means to reach out and offer congratulations to that person. Nothing more. We are not lobbyists, political critics (or comedians), and TBCS has ABSOLUTELY no political agenda or party favorite. TGS (and we agreed) thought it might be fun to send something original to the next pres of the USA, basically, just for fun and community activity. I support the idea, I think it would be pretty cool and who knows, wouldn't it be funny as hell if Hillary, Obama, or McCain signed up to post a "thank you"? I would be laughing my ass off!
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Thank you Jon. Ditto to all of that. I'm buying the case today. I'd like an opinion, so I'll wait a couple hours till I get some idea of what everyone likes. Otherwise.....
    WH1T3 0U7