View Poll Results: Custom laser cut case windows, would you consider it?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck ya! That sounds cool!

10 62.50%
  • Well, I might consider it.

5 31.25%
  • No way! Windows are dumb!

1 6.25%

Thread: Custom laser cut case windows

Fresh Paint

Default Custom laser cut case windows

What if there was a company that created custom cut case windows utilizing lasers?
    What if the acrylic windows were laser cut as well to fit precisely into the case windows so that the windows would fit flush to the outside of the case and there were no unsightly brads or fasteners holding the acrylic in place?
    What if you could get custom fan guards cut right into the sides and top of the case as well?
    What if you had hundreds of choices?

Does the idea of being able to get custom laser cut case windows and fan guards appeal to you?
    If it does, what would your ultimate window shape be?

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

Default Re: Custom laser cut case windows

This kind of service is already available from several vendors - are you asking because you're curious, or because you're thinking of providing the service - it sounds like the latter to me. That isn't a complaint, but generally speaking, I think the members in general, and definitely me as an individual, would prefer if you just said that :p

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

Fresh Paint

Quote Originally Posted by slaveofconvention
    This kind of service is already available from several vendors - are you asking because you're curious, or because you're thinking of providing the service - it sounds like the latter to me. That isn't a complaint, but generally speaking, I think the members in general, and definitely me as an individual, would prefer if you just said that :p
    This is an information gathering or feasibility study if you like.
    In order to convince investors to drop the half million plus on such an endeavor, they would like to know that there is an interest in such a thing.
    The photos are of the prototype. The windows and fan guards are laser cut and finished. The results are incredible. Personally, I think that there could be a huge market for such an idea as this, and if I had the big bucks to throw at it, I would take the risk. But hey, I’m just a lowly entrepreneur with big dreams.

ATX Mental Case

so right now you are just gathering feedback to throw at investors to market for later sale of said service? Wouldn't it be easier to just say that too? It just sounded like an ad to me as well.
    Thoughts become words, words become actions, actions become habits, habits become character, character becomes destiny...

High-tech Redneck crazybillybob's Avatar

As a modder I'm always budget minded....so I'm not sure if I would ever use this kind of service. Of course I'm also not going to buy a case with a window in it.. Cause I don't do premoded cases, I have dermal and a jigsaw, A few mintues later I have a lovely custom window....I've done it this way for years!

I could see a place like falcon, or alleinware doinig something like this...(they already do wraps..and "custom" paint jobs...(by the way if any joe can order it it an't custom!!!)

but thats just me,,If I don't do mostof the work...it's just a metal box...It's hard to have pride in some thing bought of a shelf...

Crazybillybob

Rankenphile

But then again, he ain't called CrazyBillyBob for nothin! :p

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by crazybillybob
    As a modder I'm always budget minded....so I'm not sure if I would ever use this kind of service. Of course I'm also not going to buy a case with a window in it.. Cause I don't do premoded cases, I have dermal and a jigsaw, A few mintues later I have a lovely custom window....I've done it this way for years!

I could see a place like falcon, or alleinware doinig something like this...(they already do wraps..and "custom" paint jobs...(by the way if any joe can order it it an't custom!!!)

but thats just me,,If I don't do mostof the work...it's just a metal box...It's hard to have pride in some thing bought of a shelf...

Crazybillybob
    That any joe thing remined me of dell.

"each computer is costumized to your specific needs!"

I'm not sure if there is a market for custom windows the way you are speaking of it. It sound to me that most modder (those who know enough to want a "custom case") would rather do it them selves. And most average people would not want to spend the money on something like that.

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

I can see there being a real market for good quality custom Grilles - thats assuming they were cut to the buyers design - maybe even the same for windows - but having a huge range of ready to go stuff isn't, as many people have said, truly custom. I'll have a go at most things, but I'm also aware of my limitations - I tried to cut a fairly complex window for my son's case earlier in the year click here and altho it looked ok - there were imperfections that I wasn't quite happy with - so maybe I'd consider it if it was based 100% on my own design.

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

I agree with the custom grills. I was going to write something but the teacher started walking around and I had to submit what I had. Those would be cool, but proboly wouldn't justify the amount of money needed to start the business.