Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car Shows!

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

Default Car Shows!

Gotta love the summertime. Last weekend saw the 9th Annual Cruisin' The Drag here in Great Falls. Here's a few highlights from this years show taken by yours truly:

That last one was one of my favorites, due to the flipflop paint job on it.

I'm also in the process of getting a slideshow up, once I do, I'll post it somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

Sexy Hot Nurse ..... NOT!! b4i7's Avatar

Default Re: Car Shows!

ill have to add in the pics i took at the show this year.... its fun walking around the one here in okc....looking at cars and wondering how many of those i had made parts for

Quote Originally Posted by intergalacticman View Post
    stunning, how does one tap a hole?

Cool! Nice pictures. I wouldn't mind cruisin' around in that dodge.

That's one of the cool things about spring. After months of them hibernating in the garage, when the nice cars come back out (not just the hot rods but the sports cars also) it just feels better.
    My goal in life is to earn enough money to enjoy the lifestyle that my wife and kids do.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

amen

it's nice to see sportscars back out on the road, where they belong.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Good stuff, looks kinda like the cars I see at my local diner every Saturday night during the summer, I'll have to bring my camera sometime.
    In Progress An Updated (Mac) Classic
    Completed Performa, BOX
    Hiatus Highrise
    Upcoming NightShift
    Cancelled Dell XPS, Framed, Busy

No1 around here builds cars purely to be show cars so they never go away for the winter
    Today I was cruising in my friends car: nothing mad done with it, just body kit and sound system. Oh and did i mention it was a 1l Opel Corsa :p
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post
    I'm starting to worry that I may become genuinely funny at some point. Then there will be no hope.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

the difference is that those old rods and the other kinds of cars that hide in the winter are usually worth considerably more than a corsa with a bodykit... so people try to keep them nice.

Now, I know one of my neighbors has a Camaro Z/28 Daily Driver, the guy across the street has a Karmann Ghia (both are in awesome condition) the he drives daily...

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

hehe, yea the modified cars we get over here are a bit different form what you get in the states.
    We just dont have the same stockpiles of muscle cars that you do.
    All the old stuff we have have is scrapped and for good reason.

Most of the modified scene over here is jap imports, there are a few nice ones around: my friend has an old starlet fully flushed off, rolled arches, etc. and there is a skyline down the road from me with a full custom kit. But yea u still cant really compare that to the hotrod scene u guys have going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post
    I'm starting to worry that I may become genuinely funny at some point. Then there will be no hope.

Haven't hit any car shows in a while, stayed away mostly because I get depressed knowing it'll be a while before I can afford to throw real money into a vehicle.

Of course, I do have a stake in this one my dad and I have been messing with. 1956 Chevy 210 4 door sedan that had the top cut off and was a Lions Club parade car.

Hoping we'll have it mechanically sound by the end of summer. It's not bad, but it was a parade car for over 20 years and that really took a toll on the drive train. Still has the original Powerglide, which likes to spit tranny fluid everywhere due to plugged vents. It also looks like it burns oil, but that's more a result of the amount of crap built up in the heads and cylinders from years of idling down main street. The more we run it, the better it's getting.

The body itself isn't perfect, but the heavy work was done before we got it and it doesn't need to be perfect. Most of the chrome is gone already, including door handles, bumper guards, hood bird, and the trunk and hood chrome. It'll end up satin black, possibly with flames or scallops. Sort of a rat-rod meets a 60's mild custom.

Again, I hope we'll have it more roadworthy this summer, but I don't have enough time to do much and my dad's track record isn't best when it comes to timely work. He's been working on this one for 25 years now.

1957 Chevy Bel-Air 6-door Airport Limo. 1 of 5 built, only one left.