Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fable

Overclocked

Default Fable

Anyone out there play Fable yet?

I finished it in under 11 hours. Every other RPG on the XBOX has been in excess of 20 hours. What gives? The game finished and I was left feeling disaointed on a large scale.

ATX Mental Case

I thought fable was a great game, atleast for the first of its kind. Yeah there wasnt a lot of sub missions and the game was fairly short. But still I thought the gameplay was great, the controls were impecable, and well the graphics... bueatiful. I think it took me around 14 hours, but I spent alot of time talking and running around.

You might have missed some of the sub quests, there are several that dont really have prompts, just stuff your run into, the only one that comes to mind is the "fight club" in all of the cities at night. Also did you unlock all of the demon doors, that would be quite a feat.

The only thing that left me dissapointed was the final boss, I wont give too much away to readers, but lets put it this way, you NEED high dexterity, and didnt have that. Not that the fight was all that tough, but it was a little diapointing since i couldnt use my badass axe to take him out.
    "It's time to prove to your friends that you're worth a damn. Sometimes that means dying, sometimes it means killing a whole lot of people."

Overclocked

i used magic.
    lightning at level 4 is good.

Anodized

Im playing it right now on the Xbox. It seems like a pretty good game so far. I have about 4hrs currently. I just beat Twinblade.

Overclocked

You;re about 1/4 of the way through.
    I won't spoil it for you, so enjoy.

Anodized

Ill let you know what I think when its all over. I got about 150 games and I am slowly picking through them. Of corse some are much better than others.

Overclocked

And I thought my 74 x-box game library was impressive.

Fresh Paint

any1 here care its comeing to pc?

TBCS Marketing

unfortunately, it seems to be par for the course these days that new games can be completed in shorter and shorter times............

A lot of work seems to go in to the actual game play and graphics and not enough work in to the actual level design or longevity of the game. It's been the case with Doom3 and HL2 and most of the other games as well. If you look at the previous versions like half life rather than half life2, the game was a lot longer in terms of things to do.

A great pity in my point!

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow9
    any1 here care its comeing to pc?
    Not in the least. I do not use the PC for gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandare
    unfortunately, it seems to be par for the course these days that new games can be completed in shorter and shorter times............

A lot of work seems to go in to the actual game play and graphics and not enough work in to the actual level design or longevity of the game. It's been the case with Doom3 and HL2 and most of the other games as well. If you look at the previous versions like half life rather than half life2, the game was a lot longer in terms of things to do.

A great pity in my point!
    Not necessarily true. Sure in the mid-nineties, when high-end graphics hit mainstream, companies pumped out as much eye-candy as possible. Story lines went to hell and we all took it in the rear because of it.

Recently (in the past 3 years) there have been major strides in game story development. KOTOR 1 ans 2 are good examples (and I am aware they are lucas arts productions) Fable had a good story, but just too short.

Then i look at what's coming - Oblivion, the next chapter in The Elder Scrolls. The story on this game should be phenomenal.

Story lines are improving, but I think it will be a while before we get the quality of storylines like we saw in the 80's with titles such as; The Ultima Series, Bards Tale Series, Autoduel, Zork and the like.

Oh, and the new Bard's Tale game is a joke. Nothing like the original series.
    -=-=-=-=-
    When computers collide, Bob is born
    And remember, boys and girls, it's better to say nothing, if that's what you know.