Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Beta Testers required

Default Re: Beta Testers required

ahh good, havent tested it on sp3 yet,

I got to find my backups as i had a problem and lost my Documents drive, im hoping i kept a backup of it somewhere.

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

I still use it every now and then on a few stubborn files I get when uninstalling or just corrupt data. I have never had a problem with it, a must for everyone.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

i just need to redesign the gui, and a few bugs that i have noticed

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

ATX Mental Case theshoeshineman's Avatar

Let me know the dimenisons and file formats and I can design some appropriate graphics.

I'll assume you'll either want some sort of logo that will also work as an icon and then icons for the various buttons (delete, shred etc.).

I've designed my fair share of VB apps but havn't done any programming for over 4 years.
    Visit my website: http://djcassar.com
    Scratch build: The Cube
    Sure we would all love "real friends", but honestly whats the chances of that happening?

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

AVG 8 (free edition) tagged my copy as a trojan.

Scratch that, I see what it tagged (a file I knowingly downloaded from technibble)
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

My Exit button doesn't seem to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by mDust View Post
    Maybe an unusually fast, mentally-impaired turtle with a boot warmer tucked into his shell...but not a normal one.

yea, thats one of my pproblems, the exit button should makesure the cipher isn't running anymore before it exits to ensure it dosen't sit thre hammering your hdd when it shouldn't be

Local laser guy! Collinstheclown's Avatar

I just downloaded and gave it a try. Heres the problems I've run into. I'm running Windows XP SP3 on a single core AMD processor. I'm running the latest Avast! Home edition anti-virus and had no issues.

I noticed that when I scroll with the wheel it looks like it scrolls the whole list then goes to where it's supposed to be scrolled to. This is in the left box, with the directories and stuff.

Shred is still spelled wrong. lol

Also it doesn't show up on the taskbar or in the system tray. Which is kinda annoying. It also doesn't show up when alt+tabbing. However, the confirmation boxes do come up on the taskbar, and in the alt+tab menu.

I got an error while trying to delete a dir. file.
    Code:
    Run-time error '75':
    Path/File access error
    Then the program closes. Windows let me delete it with no problem. I created a new folder and tried to delete that but I got the same error.

Anymore and I'll let you know!

-CollinstheClown

thanks mate, i've looked into it, and it appears that SP3 has altered some settings in XP that has caused some issues with my program.

I am working on it, thanks for letting me know

this project has been shelved until further notice,

Microsoft in there infinete wisdom has made changes to the NTFS driver which controls access to the drives read/write.

And as such its causing meny errors with my program, some times it works, other times it trashes the drive.

As such i recommend you DON'T use my program until i have solved the issues, I have been talking to some staff from M$ via there techNET and sofar it appears it because im using VB6 to write the program and there are some security problems with VB so the only option is to either find a work round or convert the application to .NET which i don't know how to code in.

Oh well, Thanks for the support guys and im really sorry to have to announce this.

XcOM