Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Beta Testers required

Default Beta Testers required

BETA TESTERS REQUIRED

Hi all, i am currently writing a program for a small project of mine, this has taken about 1 week to get to the beta stage, current version is 0.9.0.4

My application shreads your free space on a hard drive you select, and any folder you select gets shreaded 3 times to cover any deleted files, It also allows deleting of files and directorys all from one interface.

After beta testing it will be in 0.9.9, then the graphics need updating to bring it in line with the eye candy of other apps.

I am asking for you help in testing my application to ensure its stabilty over various platforms, it will only work on NTFS volumes on windows 2000, XP, 2003 and vista.

Any testers will be given credit upon the full release.

Known bugs:
    • About button dosen't work
    • Exit button dosen't work
    • Application looks to have crashed when working
    • Application is still running when closed with X, needs to be killed in task manager.

after that i need a graphics guru to help me redesign the graphics and layout of the application.

Anyone interested reply in here or PM me please.

Thank you all
    XcOM

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

Default Re: Beta Testers required

Hay fran, i would give it a shot on the xp pro side and when i get home and build my new rig il give it a shot on the ultimate one too.
    Basic Math:
    1 + 1 = 2
    1 * 1 = 1

Il run it on MS windows XP home if ya want?

i could work on some interface designs, i know my way around photoshop a bit, and possibly beta test, its just that i dont need things shreded >.>

thought id post the issues what iv found so far just to let others know so the same issues isent posted agian..

--found issues with current version,
    program does not show its self on the task bar
    listbox does not update after a file has been updated
    differance between shead and delete wernt clear from the start of the program. help file or caption would be good to add. i was reluctant to press anything incase my computer blew up.

other then the known issues its a great program. good luck on the finished product
    Basic Math:
    1 + 1 = 2
    1 * 1 = 1

Beta testing, I'm in . I'm running Vista Home Basic, and have some XP and 2000 machines I can test on.
    Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    ...I'm getting tired of not being able to figure this crap out because it's apparently made for computer-illiterate people by computer-illiterate people. lol

Fran

A suggestion ... shred the data ten times. Thats the standard the pentagon use to ensure all data traces are erased from hard disks and that data is completely unrecoverable.

Guys .... helping each other is way cool .... Just watch it doesn't shred your whole drive ! ... remember it's a "Beta test", things can go wrong ... so keep it away from data you love . Install an old HD as a slave and set it to work on that would be my recommendation, whatever system you use.

However ... DO help fran. He's a

CrazyB

XcOM, what language? I'd be happy to help with the code and layout.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothair View Post
    I guess it's just widely used and has had some of the best people in the world work on it, costing a ridiculous amount of money, for no actual reason. :/
    Have you checked out the front page lately?
    Projects:
    Moe's Tavern | Sponsored by: Mimo Monitors, Crucial, Thermaltake
    Book Of Knowledge

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

I am willing to help. I can pile tons of files onto my external HDD and then get rid of them. That's what it is for anyway. BTW I use Vista 64bit.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

cool, 64bit vista would be a good test,

The language is old crappy VB6, but it works,

I am sorry for the delay but i just found a bug that made my system hang, once i get rid of this bug i shall make a beta installer for you all to try.

And once again thank you, asfor you that have offered to help with the graphics expect a PM soon

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!