Thread: New Keyboard possibly

Default New Keyboard possibly

Well currently i have a Saitek Eclipse but its kinda annoying that my WASD keys are kinda having the pain rubbed off... so i think im going to look for a new Keyboard.

Preferably im looking for a BLACK blue back lit keyboard. Doesnt necessarily have to have programmable keys, but that would DEFINITELY be nice.

i was drooling over The Razer Lycosa for a while, but i read a few reviews and the back light isnt very bright. THe tarantula also looks pretty sweet.

Everglide DTK
    has pretty good looking LEDs and Aluminum, but no programmable keys

The Saitek Cyborg looks really cool, but it has no BLUE LEDS D; . i dont know maybe i could mod it with blue LEDs, i dont know

Im not much of a fan of logitech's G15 but i looked at it and it had orange backlighting, so i saw the G11 and it looks pretty cool

if anyone knows any other good gaming keyboards for under 100 bucks please link

Default Re: New Keyboard possibly

I wasn't a big fan of the G15 until I got one, then I became in love. The orange-ish backlighting really isn't all that bad either(I was too looking for a blue color.)
    EVGA P55 LE :: Intel i5-750 @ 3.8 GHz w/ Zalman 9500 :: 2x 2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 :: ATI Radeon 5850 :: Micro Center G2 64GB SSD :: Samsung F3 1TB :: Western Digital 320GB :: X-Fi Xtreme Music :: Corsair TX-750w :: Windows 7 64-Bit :: Lian Li PC-9F

Official Wallabies Supporter Pointy_Stick's Avatar

I'm using a G11 right now, and I can whole heartedly recommend it. It has every thing you're looking for. 18 programmable keys, strong blue backlighting, on top which its just a solidly constructed piece of kit. The keys have a nice weight to them, and the keyboard certainly feels as though it was constructed with being thrown in the back of the car to go to a lan in mind. Also, the volume wheel is damn useful, and keep an eye on ebay in case someone decides to trade in their blue G15 with the lcd screen for the new version.

EDIT: Just had a look at the box for it, turns out it also has channeled groves on the underside for routing mouse and headset wires! I had wondered what they were for
    http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/3152/siguf0.jpg

Ideazon merc? It has a full side for gaming.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16823161028

the g11 looks really cool, i checked out some reviews, i think i may get it xD, i stil want a few more opinions tho

yea im not a fan of those "gaming keyboards" with like custom for each game... kinda lame if you ask me, im more of a semi-vanilla keyboard user ;P

well the everglide one looks nice (the blue and finish on it) but its a small one and i hate that **** personally. also it has no gaming features.

the razer is nice and would match your other stuff. as for the backlight problem when you have the lights on you can see the keys, when the lights are off then the darkness will hep make the lights look brighter.

and the cyborg keyboard looks wicked , i would go with it. it has all the features of the g15 (minus the lcd) and blue lights, but you could always swap out the leds for blue ones. the cyborg gets my vote.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

I got my Saitek Eclipse in today... it has the red backlit keys. It was about $30 and it's pretty good. Just the standard buttons along with three for volume control and one for the backlight... but it's really quiet and comfortable. Seems well made too.

i have the saitek eclipse but the paint is being rubbed off on my WASD keys

and im not sure what the internals of the cyborg are like, if the lcds are like on the lycosa i dont think its modable

DAMN I JUST SAW THE COOLEST KEYBOARD EVER!!!

anyone know if its out or when?

meh, i ended up getting a g15