Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mouse moving/clicking/scrolling itself!

Default Re: Mouse moving/clicking/scrolling itself!

@ Luke. It's a wire mouse, and switching mice seems to have worked for now.
    So I guess the mouse kinda died, but that doesn't explain when it's unplugged... Anyways sent a ticket to Razer support asking for a new mouse.. ^.^
    'Sup guys? I do stuff. (Not really)
    Increase Population!, Increase industry!

ATX Mental Case

Yea if it is a 2.4 or even a 2.6ghz wireless mouse, most cordless phone run on that same frequency. So it could be picking up interference from a cordless phone or something.
    Also, just to make sure this computer is on a private network in your home/apartment right? I know public networks have software installed where an administrator can literally take over you computer. I do not think it is spyware/malware because it is downright silly. Most people are more interested in being covert and spying on your browsing habits or slinging you popups.
    Thermaltake 500W
    Asus P5N32-E SLI PLUS 680i
    Core 2 Duo E6550
    2gb Patriot DDR2 800
    XFX 8800GT
    WD 120g

Thanks for reading guys.

A. ITS A WIRED MOUSE
    B. It is a home network.
    C. SWITCHING TO A WIRELESS MOUSE WORKS.

Lol.
    'Sup guys? I do stuff. (Not really)
    Increase Population!, Increase industry!

ok since youve tried unplugging your mouse, and its still doing it. my best guess would be corrupt drivers. sometimes there is small glitches in disks, even windows install disks. i would try somewhere like driverguide.com for a new mouse driver first. install that driver and test it for the same thing.
    Not all who mod are modders...

Carpe Apenodytes halcyonforever's Avatar

I got one! is your cell phone near the wire.

I found that if I place my cell phone near the wire, during activity (call, cell tower heartbeat, text message) my mouse would jump around. Totally freaked me out at first but once I set my cellphone farther away it stopped.

personal opinion.
    you've been hacked
    with some of the malware out right now even a normal format will not remove the backdoor portion of a trojan as long as it is coded properly.
    they can even be programmed to install into your bios of the mobo and relaunch after simple formats.
    one thing to do to check is simply disconnect the pc from the net. run it for a bit and monitor it to see if it happens over a period of time. if not then you can bet someone has the pc compromised.
    only way to get rid of an embedded trojan is a bios flash and low level format then reinstall fresh. dont bother with windows system restore or a quick format as they wont clean the mobo.
    also be aware if the test proves true that your system has been compromised, you will need to change the password on every site you have passwords on and also any passwords to things like paypal e bay or bank as a keylogger is one of the first things 90% of the viruses install.
    but dont do that until after you verify the infection and correct it.

Carpe Apenodytes halcyonforever's Avatar

seriously... try the cell phone. Set it on your mouse wire and call it...