Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Creative caught crippling their products!!!

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

Default Re: Creative caught crippling their products!!!

It's called Capitalism. They've got every right to do whatever they choose to do--hell, they could use hot pink boards for all I care. Soundcards are their business is it not? And the number one reason to go into business is to make money, regardless of what some people would love for you to think.
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

well i will stop buying there stuff, minus there mp3 palyers, though i never use mp3 palyers all that much anymore. i still have my creative Zen micro working and i'm very happy with it. way better than that sheepish ipod.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

And that is your choice as well.

On a somewhat related note, I have heard nothing but great things about the Turtle Beach brand of soundcards. However, I do not know for sure if they make a low-profile card or not. Newegg doesn't have one listed...
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

some custom title eh Cannibal23's Avatar

yep its called capitalism, as our friend Drumthumper pointed out. everyone is out to make a buck even if sometimes you have to throw your ethics out the window. someone else on here pointed out that microsoft was doing the same thing with vista but nobody complained. Plenty of computer people complained i know i sure did. problem is alot of people that arent computer savvy dont care or dont understand whats going on wich is why this kind of thing usually slips by.

i understand that companies are out to make money. thats just buisness, its when they are doing so by being slimey and underhanded that people should take note and not allow it. if people just say.. oh well whatever i'll still buy their stuff it says that this is a market of consumers that will allow that. it takes the market control out of the consumers hands and puts it in corperate hands. this is a very bad idea because it allows companies to just do whatever they want with no responsability to its clients. a companies goal is supposed to be to make money and make their customer base happy.
    - The stone knows not why the chistle cleves it
    - The steel knows not why the fire scorches it
    - When thy life is cleft and scorched
    - Curse not thine evil fate
    - Thank the builder for the trials that shape thee.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumThumper View Post
    This guy is damn lucky he doesn't live in the United States--he'd most likely be in jail right now. He got a proverbial slap on the wrist and he's bitching more than a two year old because he got told no.
    The funny thing is that the Daniel_K guy has been very understanding, and cooperative with this, as far as I can tell. It's the Diggers that have gone bat $%&* crazy over this.
    Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    ...I'm getting tired of not being able to figure this crap out because it's apparently made for computer-illiterate people by computer-illiterate people. lol

I've been disgusted with Creative for ages now from a support standpoint, this news doesn't make me happy but doesn't shock me either. I'm not entirely sure I agree with statements like "the number one reason to go into business is to make money" however. Business is very much about financial success, but it often starts with a love for something else (whether it's writing software, making buggy whips, finding creative methods of moving un-cut cocaine into the U.S., or building soundcards). If there is no solid product of service under the business then it's not nearly as apt for longevity. Corporations are another story altogether (a bit of a crime against the proletariats in my eyes), managers or board members are legally bound to make decisions which stand to maximize stockholder's investment returns or they are guilty of committing a form of fraud against the stockholder. So for example, in the cocaine running business, you as a corporate coke runner have a legal obligation to make each gram of your sweet nose candy as valuable as possible or Pablo Escobar comes to your house and sings you a lullaby. So you cut it with powdered milk, cook it into crack, whatever you can to make each gram bring back the most money for your stockholders (the Columbian crime syndicates). But the diligent coke retailer must not push it too far by cutting his stockholders products down to nose garbage to the point that the customers stop buying his products and goes elsewhere (and if there is no alternative, there is nothing to protect Johnny and Sally Crackpipe from being taken advantage of and the gov declares it a monopoly, dividing the Columbian trade into South American, South East Vietnamese, and Middle Eastern import services).
    In my eyes, the nature of business is to negotiate a fair exchange for both parties, the nature of marketing and ad agencies is to try to negotiate an unfair exchange or increase the frequency of exchanges, the nature of incorporation is to protect the rich from becoming poor and making it legal to squeeze blood from a turnip.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Before anyone points fingers at vista's release, can I point out that the only problem vista had at the start was lack of drivers from manufacturers? Yes there were other problems, but most of the problems were the lack of drivers. Vista is not a bad operating system, once I get enough cash to upgrade my GPU, I'll be upgrading my system permanently to vista.
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Yes it sucks, but I don't think this is a reason to run off and replace everything creative that you own. If It's already bricked, though, then it's fine but really, don't waste the money.

Oh, and that does suck. But hey, they're allowed to.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Quote Originally Posted by crenn View Post
    Before anyone points fingers at vista's release, can I point out that the only problem vista had at the start was lack of drivers from manufacturers? Yes there were other problems, but most of the problems were the lack of drivers. Vista is not a bad operating system, once I get enough cash to upgrade my GPU, I'll be upgrading my system permanently to vista.
    I second that.. despite my apparent hate of Vista, it's more frustration at lack of support for legacy hardware/software that is holding me back.

Once support comes, or the legacy is obsolete, I'll be in Vistaland too.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

The thing is, majority of newer hardware has full Vista support. I know my desktop system runs Vista fine, I haven't taken the install off (I haven't used it as much though)
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!