Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer - Do you drink it ?

Default Beer - Do you drink it ?

Hi guys !

So, just wondering what your favorite beer was.

For myself it's Corona Extra.

Let this tread not die ! ! !
    Xbox 360 | Canon EOS 400D | Creative I-Trigue 3400

Default Re: Beer - Do you drink it ?

MGD is probably my favorite, just because it's smooth. Not a particularly unique taste, just good beer.

For something a bit more interesting, I had some really good Czech beer when I was in Russia, called "Budvar".

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

My favorites are: Killians Irish Red, Dos Equis, Grolsch, and Heineken.

My favorites are Kokanee and Molson Dry (Canadian beers). I try to keep at least a 24 pack in the fridge.
    My goal in life is to earn enough money to enjoy the lifestyle that my wife and kids do.

I'm not a big Molson Dry fan, but Kokanee is good on a hot day.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

Blech! FYI REAL Beer is NOT made with rice!

OF the few listed;
    Corona = Only good on a hot day on the beach. Must use a lime.
    MGD? Really? This from a Canadian?
    Budvar; Have had this also and it is a good beer. Light and smooth with a good alcohol content. Not my favorite though. I like beer to have a solid flavor.

Dos Equis is a good mexican beer, try Negro Modelo next time.

OK now that I have shown my beer snobbishness, my most drunk (dranken, drinked) beer is Sierra Nevada Pale ale, then ESB. My favorite beer of all time has got to be Bonnie Brier Red Ale. You won't find it anywhere except in my neighborhood since it is a special home brewed recipe. Similar to the Pale ale, but more flavor and almost 6.5% alcohol (depending on the time of year)

For a lighter flavor beer I love Stella Artois. Other favorites; New Castle, Bass, Dead Guy Ale, Arrogant Bastard and of course if I am ready for a meal in a pint, Guinness.

My local brewery, Boulder Creek Brewery, makes several different brew's that are fantastic; Redwood ale (their signature beer that has won many many awards (yes it does contain a small portion of redwood sprigs for color and flavor)), Lompico Gold, and a specialty; Dizzy Lizzy Barley Wine at 12% alcohol. Once a year they also make a special high alcohol dark beer named P. A. Stout. (read it without the periods...). It's nice having a brewery in our tiny town that I can crawl home from.

If I have enough advanced notice I will make sure and have some home brew on hand if I get visitors...
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Quote Originally Posted by Airbozo View Post
    MGD? Really? This from a Canadian?
    'Fraid so.. I just cant drink like I used to. It could be due to my hard drinking past, or some strange allergy, but if I drink any beer other than MGD, I get stuffed up, and sinus headache IMMEDIATELY.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

+rep to Airbozo. Let the truth be told!

MOST AMERICAN 'BEER' IS NOT BEER, IT IS A MALTERNATIVE BEVERAGE!

Adjuncts such as rice are added to the macrobrews (bud, keystone, MGD, et al) to cut down on costs. These companies care about one thing and one thing only--their bottom line. Through a very persuasive ad campaign that has turned the American public into mindless sheep (when it comes to beer), they have an extremely large majority believing that beer is meant to taste like water. This same ad campaign has also convinced America that beer is best served at near freezing temperatures. Both of these misconceptions are flat out WRONG.

Beer, in its truest form is nothing more that hops, barley, water and yeast. In fact the Germans have what they call the Reinheitsgebot which basically states that if your alcoholic beverage has anything other than hops, barley, water and yeast in it, it's not beer.

And that's the way it should be. However, I am not against some forms of adjuncts, as long as they are not detrimental to the end product like rice is. This list is not limited to:
    • Honey
    • Heather flowers
    • Unsulfured molasses
    • Turbinado sugar
    • Oats
    • Rye
    • Wheat

Ice cold beer...what a joke. The big brewers do that so you can't taste how utterably terrible their product really is.

Granted, an ice cold hefeweizen on a hot summer day is a great thing, but most good beer is meant to be drank around 40-55 degrees F. Drinking beer at this temperature allows the malt flavor to move more up front and blend with the hops.

Now bear in mind: Once upon a time, I seriously considered attending UC-Davis and taking the zymurgy course that they offer. I have done homebrewing in the past, and yes, I have won awards. I chose not to because honestly, the hobby wasn't fun anymore.

So, what kind of beer does a former homebrewer drink? Airbozo's list is a good start, in fact, Arrogant Bastard is some of the best beer to ever come out of the Pacific Northwest. To that list I would add a few Montana brewers:

Big Sky Brewery, Missoula MT (Scape Goat, Moose Drool, Powder Hound are my personal favs)
    Kettlehouse Brewery, Missoula MT (makers of Olde Bongwater, which has hemp seeds (not marijuana) added during the fermenting process)
    Spanish Peaks Brewery, originally from Bozeman, MT, but due to some marital problems, SP isn't a true Montana company anymore (Black Dog Ale)

I stay the hell away from the bigger corporation brews. That stuff isn't good for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

an ice cold hefeweizen on a hot summer day is a great thing,

hefeweizen always pwnz ^__^

Cool ! Hope you like the tread =D

I always wanted to try Miller. Never tasted it.
    Xbox 360 | Canon EOS 400D | Creative I-Trigue 3400