Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's your team?

Default Re: Who's your team?

Last games of the season!

Red Wings clinched the Presidents Trophy last night and SJ finally did not get any points in a game (they went 20 games with at least a point).

Unless things change, it looks like it will be San Jose and Calgary! That is going to be a tough series. Got my playoff tickets already and can't wait. If Nashville ends up in 7th I predict a sweep. If Calgary hangs on I think it will go all 7...

Sorry about the Oilers Luke, they were trying hard to make the playoffs.

BTW, just to show you Hockey fans have class, at tuesday nights game against the Kings, they showed Scott Thornton (an ex-Shark) from the Kings (and Joe Thornton's cousin) up on the Jumbo-tron and he got a standing ovation from the crowd! If the Sharks play the Flames and they Show Darryl (Sutter Brother!), or Owen, expect the same warm welcome.

On to the Playoff's!
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

I can't even book tickets yet, because I don't know where I need to go. Nashville plays Chicago, Calgary plays Vancouver, and Minnesota plays Colorado. At this moment, Calgary is in 7th place, but all 3 games are huge for Calgary's standings. Calgary could be anywhere from 6th to 8th.

After the Flames fell apart last night, I had to cheer for Edmonton again. At least they helped the Flames, when the Flames couldn't help themselves.

SJ - 18-0-1-1 since Feb 21. What a time of the year to have a streak like that.
    My goal in life is to earn enough money to enjoy the lifestyle that my wife and kids do.

Only 1 game left... one game of the first place!

Anyone who think a computer is sexy need to #$? and fast

Im with Nashville !

They played good this season I think.
    Xbox 360 | Canon EOS 400D | Creative I-Trigue 3400

Well the Preds lost tonight so that puts them in 8th, Calgary could be 6 or 7 depending on the next games.

Either way, the Flames did well in the regular season against both the Sharks and the Wild. It should make for some great games. I think I would rather see Calgary finish 7 and face the Sharks. Boogaard (player for the Wild) is a big ape (6'7" 258lbs) that plays 3 mins a game and just goes out to hurt people regardless of whether they have the puck or not. I can just imagine what he'll be like in the playoffs.

Oh well, the first time I remember seeing Godard (Flames tough guy) fight, he took on Boogaard. After the fight, Boogaard went to the dressing room and didn't return. Just in case I've given the impression that Calgary can't take care of themselves: LINK. Which, for a western team going into the playoffs, is probably not a bad stat.
    My goal in life is to earn enough money to enjoy the lifestyle that my wife and kids do.

Quote Originally Posted by Airbozo View Post
    BTW, just to show you Hockey fans have class, at tuesday nights game against the Kings, they showed Scott Thornton (an ex-Shark) from the Kings (and Joe Thornton's cousin) up on the Jumbo-tron and he got a standing ovation from the crowd! If the Sharks play the Flames and they Show Darryl (Sutter Brother!), or Owen, expect the same warm welcome.
    In tonight's Calgary game in Vancouver:

Probably Trevor Lindens last game with the Canucks. He started his career with Vancouver (drafted 2nd overall) in 1988, in 97-98 was traded away, came back in 2001-2002 and tonight was probably his last NHL game.

Jarome Iginla sitting at 49 goals for the season. Calgary's captain, and leads the team in every stat except PIM and fighting majors, and isn't too far off in that either.

To start the 3rd period the Vancouver fans gave Linden a standing ovation. The Flames players stood as well and beat their sticks on the boards as if he played for the Flames.

When Iggy scored #50, GM place erupted in ovation even though the score was 6-1 Calgary.

After the game Linden got another standing ovation and after the Canucks players were finished with him, all the Flames players came out to commend him for his career.

I LOVE HOCKEY!
    On to the playoffs!
    Last edited by IndyRacer27; 04-06-2008 at 02:00 PM. Reason: added video

It's on! Calgary vs Sharks. Series starts Wednesday and game 2 is Thursday! I cannot believe they are making them play back to back games in the playoffs... This is going to be one hard fought series.

Did anyone catch the Dallas vs Sharks game last night? 160 penalty minutes for a game that did not mean jack for anyone. Even Joe Thornton (NHL assist leader and imho THE best passer in the league!), got into it by going after Ott after Ott left his feet on a hit to Milan Michalek (no call btw). Joe is a BIG guy (6'4", 235lbs) and I would not want him punching away at me like he nailed Ott... (I felt one of those hits all the way in San Jose...) Shelly made his presence known in the second when he went after Ott to "remind" him not to mess with the best.

I love Wilson's quote on why he pulled Nabby;
    "I didn't trust that team," Wilson said of the Stars. "They were running guys. For all I know, Nabby was next on their list. That wasn't going to happen."

I will also be watching the Anaheim vs Dallas match-up. That one is going to get ugly.

For all of you that do not watch Hockey during the regular season, Playoff Hockey is the best game to watch. Ever!

Watch out for the Montreal/Boston serie. There's an rivalry between those two teams. I dont think Boston will let it go so easilly

Anyone who think a computer is sexy need to #$? and fast

I think Ott is a dirty player and a chicken.
    Typical Ott fight:
    Ott fight
    Notice in the replay the way he holds on to his stick for dear life.

Even talking about him makes my blood boil, this helped:
    Ott pounded

Playoff games back to back. WTF! who came up with that schedule? Let's just hope it isn't double overtime or worse.

Other than the Flames/Sharks, I'll be really watching the Habs/Bruins and Stars/Ducks. But in all honesty, I probably won't miss many games of any of the series. And I agree that the Stars/Ducks games are going to be ugly.

Edit: User title changed to something more season appropriate!
    Last edited by IndyRacer27; 04-07-2008 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Go Flames Go!

Well if my cable company actually offered the Center Ice package where I live, we would move all our TV's to the living room for the playoffs (no picture in picture). I envy the Canadians when it comes to Hockey coverage on tv.

BTW, the rumor was that the CBC is the reason for the back to back games... Not sure if that is true or not. It was _supposed_ to be a game Wednesday or Thursday, then the next one would be on Saturday (Friday at the tank is booked).

This is the Thornton vs Ott fight. Notice how Ott leaves his feet on the check to Michalek;
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=Uq460jTS9bs

EDIT: That first link of the Shelly vs Ott fight is interesting. Even though I am a Sharks fan, Shelly deserved at least a one game suspension for that attack (even though Ott Deserved it). I am glad Shelly is on the Sharks though. He brings something more than just a tough presence to the ice, he also brings confidence. I am also happy he is playing with the "A" on...
    Last edited by Airbozo; 04-08-2008 at 01:01 PM.