Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ahhh!! Bsod Errors With My New Comp!!!

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: Ahhh!! Bsod Errors With My New Comp!!!

I have no idea how to upload files onto this blog. It might not be allowed, does anyone know? If its not allowed you could e-mail me the dump files. Those can give a lot of insight.
    It seems to do with drivers accessing incorrect memory addresses.

My email: justjewit101591@aim.com
    Thermaltake 500W
    Asus P5N32-E SLI PLUS 680i
    Core 2 Duo E6550
    2gb Patriot DDR2 800
    XFX 8800GT
    WD 120g

Exclamation Re: Ahhh!! Bsod Errors With My New Comp!!!

Hi, I just sent you them in an email. Thanks, cheese

ATX Mental Case

Yea thanks got it, and I have found the source of all your troubles. That is I think I found the problems. Looking at the dump files your problem is with drivers. The drivers are incompatible or corrupt and are looking up incorrect memory addresses. From what I gather, the driver at fault are your Nvidia drivers.. Does your motherboard run off of an Nvidia chipset?

The specific driver I think is the Nvidia SATA controller. This would explain why your computer BSODs when the hard drive comes into play. Stressing the computer would cause it to crash since the computer has to access it more often as time goes on. Waking it up from hibernation causes the computer to wake up the HDD and access lots of data. I'd recommend first downloading the newest version of any and all Nvidia drivers. Completely uninstall the ones you have, then install the new ones. This will hopefully fix things.
    Thermaltake 500W
    Core 2 Duo E6550
    2gb Patriot DDR2 800
    XFX 8800GT
    WD 120g

Hi,
    Sorry to be getting back so late, I did not have much time to work on my computer. I have tried updating the drivers and that did not help at all. Same BSODs and actually I have gotten a new problem as well after I updated. Sometimes my computer boots into a black background and the classic windows theme and says that it failed to load personal settings or something like that. This happens almost every second boot. Also I have put my audio card back and I now constantly lose internet after rebooting. To solve this problem, I have found that pressing the clear CMOS button in the back brings the internet connectivity back. Before this I had to take out the card and put it back in so this is definitely easier. So yeah I am stuck here again and need help because anything I need to RMA needs to be done this week otherwise my stuff cant be replaced. Actually as I just checked, I think that my mobo cannot be returned. I bought it on 1/29/08 and its been over 30 days. CRAP! Unless I can go through ASUS themselves then I am screwed if that is the problem.

ATX Mental Case

Sorry, I sort of sent you on a wild goose chase. Although it is a driver fault. Your error has to do with a windows driver.
    It seems that ntkrpamp.exe is causing your crash. Three possiblities:
    1) bad RAM. you pretty much ruled this out
    2) bad page file.
    3) ntkrpamp is corrupt

It's easy to check your drivers like so:
    Click start->run and type sfc /scannow
    this will look for and replace bad/misssing OS files.
    You will need your CD for this..

If it doesn't find errors we can check your page file next.
    Thermaltake 500W
    Core 2 Duo E6550
    2gb Patriot DDR2 800
    XFX 8800GT
    WD 120g

Quote Originally Posted by hungry4cheese View Post
    All connections are plugged including the 4 pin cpu and the two 6 pin for the gpu.
    not sure if you are still having problems or if it was fixed (never read the thread). i am also unsure if the above was a typo but you should have a 8 pin connector for the cpu for quads, make sure thats plugged in and not the 4 pin one.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

You don't need 8 pin for quads, I know
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by crenn View Post
    You don't need 8 pin for quads, I know
    Well I don't know if it needs it as I don't have the board but the Striker II's do have the 8 pin connector instead of the regular 4. Most new psu's have 2 4 pin's so that you can plug both in.

Again, not sure how it would run without the second, but the board does have the 8 pin so I would assume it would want both, even if just for overclocking purposes.

But I don't think thats his issue though.

ATX Mental Case

Doubt that is the issue. If not enough power was being supplied, then the computer would not have started at all. It's got to do with that file I posted about above. ^
    Thermaltake 500W
    Core 2 Duo E6550
    2gb Patriot DDR2 800
    XFX 8800GT
    WD 120g

I think I know what may be going on here.

I own a P5N32-E SLI Plus board as well. I upgraded the firmware to 1002 to address some quirky problem with iTunes sync'ing to my Touch over USB (didn't help -- files still randomly corrupt under Vista 64-bit, but that's beside the point). However....

After I upgraded my firmware, I discovered that "sleep mode" would cripple both my onboard NICs. When I booted into my Linux partition, the NICs would still be unusable, which pointed to a hardware problem rather than a simple driver issue.

Upon further experimentation and research, I determined that I could fix the issue by resetting the CMOS (see user manual for which pins to short -- it's under the MB jumper section). But no matter how many times I reset the CMOS, Windows Vista 64's "sleep mode" would always re-corrupt the CMOS in such a way that the NICs would go dead again. This sounds very similar to your problem.

So what's the fix?

First, I don't trust any onboard device that can be corrupted so easily, so I shelled out $29 for a more reliable Netgear NIC. It takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin' regardless of the BIOS/CMOS state. However, even after disabling the NICs in the BIOS and switching to the card, "sleep mode" would cause lockups with my USB keyboard and mouse.

Next, I went into the BIOS and switched the acceptable sleep modes to just "S3," and not to "S1 & S3." The "S1" sleep mode isn't compatible with some newer systems, and I'm guessing the 1002 firmware upgrade has pushed me into that realm. I've run some tests, and I can now put the system into "sleep mode" with no further issues... for now. I'd really like to see ASUS address this problem as it's a show-stopper in my mind. I'm sure Vista carries some of the blame for how it goes into "sleep mode," though.

Hope this helps. It's possible for your hardware to be functioning fine and still be the cause of the problem. ;-)