Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ahhh!! Bsod Errors With My New Comp!!!

Arrow Re: Ahhh!! Bsod Errors With My New Comp!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crenn View Post
    Please don't continusally post. It seems that your sound card is having an IRQ conflict..... take a look at your BIOS settings.
    Sorry for posing a lot, I am just getting really scared of these problems anywhere. What about the GPU temp. Also why is my computer freezing (not bsoding) even after I took out my audio card. Could the GPU temp or teh voltages be causing this?? Cheese

Default Re: Ahhh!! Bsod Errors With My New Comp!!!

It's possible the GPU is running too hot. A google search may result in showing what 'normal' temps for that card is.
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

I would also check to make sure your BIOS is set to "PNP OS = YES".. this can reduce/prevent resource conflicts between devices.

As for the temperature of the GPU, that is really hot. Is the fan spinning on the card? That can definitely crash the machine if the card is overheating. Have you got another video card you can test with? Or is there onboard video on the motherboard?

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

I have a PCI video card... I could test with that. The fan is spinning. I guess having the video card on the bottom of the case prevents it from getting much airflow. I will check the PNP thing in my bios to see what is up with that. Thanks. Cheese

Hi everyone. Everytime I try to resume from a hibernation that has been on since overnight, I blue screen. STOP: 0x0000007F (0x00000008, 0x80158000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) If I delete restoration data then It goes back to normal and boots. I enabled the PNP thing, I also have my sound card out which seemed to stop the random IRQL errors. I am also going to check GPU temp. I just want to know why I BSOD when i resume windows... Thanx. Cheese

I've seen some issues with Vista and Hibernation..

Try disabling hibernation, and running a surface scan. Theres a possibility that there is a bad sector in the hiberfil.sys file. If it comes up fine, then re-enable hibernation, and try it again.

Also, why not just disable it complete, and turn it off at night? Then it uses zero power.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

ATX Mental Case

That GPU temperature is not too high. Of course it is hot and burns your finger its at 80 celsius! Is this the idle temperature or load temp? Nvidia cards are rated for upwards of 100 C, and I imagine ATI cards are rated the same.

Think I found your hibernating problem.. I looked up the error code you first posted. The one with an A at the end? and found a code very similar that is related to Vista hibernation. Here's the link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942524
    Thermaltake 500W
    Asus P5N32-E SLI PLUS 680i
    Core 2 Duo E6550
    2gb Patriot DDR2 800
    XFX 8800GT
    WD 120g

Hi,
    I will try to test that hotfix but for now I have found the best test to see when I BSOD or not. When I run orhtos, after exactly 8 seconds I Blue Screen. No error at the top, just a stop code. Here is the code: STOP: 0x0000007F (0x00000008, 0x834850C0, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) At lest this way I can easily test for which hardware is causing the problem... If this is hardware at all. Also I tried putting back my other RAM stick again to have 4 gigs but Vista froze at logon so I had to take it back out. That has to be one problem that needs solving too. THanks. Cheese

Have you overclocked your CPU or touched the BIOS settings regarding voltages?
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

ATX Mental Case

Ok well 4 gigs of ram won't work 100% unless you have vista 64 bit? do you? Even if you're running 32 bit the mem. shouldn't cause such bad problems.

The weird part of your BSOD error is that it doesn't exist in window's error database. So thats really strange.. I do know that errors with the code 0x0000007F are usually memory/page file errors. The Orthos thing leads me to believe that the memory or memory part of the board is culprit. It's possible under high stress or load the memory can't handle it. Or the board begins to do funny things.
    Thermaltake 500W
    Asus P5N32-E SLI PLUS 680i
    Core 2 Duo E6550
    2gb Patriot DDR2 800
    XFX 8800GT
    WD 120g