Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ahhh!! Bsod Errors With My New Comp!!!

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: Ahhh!! Bsod Errors With My New Comp!!!

I think we should address the BSODs...
    They occur when the Kernel cannot recover from an error. The kernel is basically the middleman between hardware and software.
    ok So BSODs usually only occur when 1)faulty drivers 2)bad memory 3)corrupt registry 4)incompatible DLLs.

So we have pretty much thoroughly eliminated a meory problem. Three possibilities left
    1) Drivers: I would suggest reinstalling all your drivers. Download the newest STABLE copies for all your hardware and install them one at a time Restart your computer after each install and run some sort of stress test for a bit.
    2)Registry: There are good, free, legit programs out there that will scan your registry. I don't know any off the top of my head, but download from a legit site like www.zdnet.com this will find any corrupt registry keys
    3)DLLs: Lets hope we don't have to look at all these. There are A LOT
    Thermaltake 500W
    Asus P5N32-E SLI PLUS 680i
    Core 2 Duo E6550
    2gb Patriot DDR2 800
    XFX 8800GT
    WD 120g

Smile Re: Ahhh!! Bsod Errors With My New Comp!!!

Hi,
    New Update... apparently the audio card might have been causing the problem because now I can connect to the internet... that is weird because i could not before and when I took the card out it connected... I also have no more server lag in crysis. Also my computer hasnt crashed or blue screened and crysis has been running for atleast an hour with no problem. Hopefully this solves my problems... Later on I will try putting back in my other stick of ram if no problems occur and see what happens then. I will also try the registry tests and see if that will find any problems. The drivers I have tested before. One of the things that used to cause problems was the nvgts.sys file but I eliminated that I think... Dont know where to check if I did but now it does not show up in the bsods so I dont think that is the problem. I also decided to not install drivers that vista already downloaded so I did not install most of my drivers. I have not seen any errors reporting problems with dlls so hopefully those arent the problem. Will keep updating. thanks everyone, cheese

Arrow Re: Ahhh!! Bsod Errors With My New Comp!!!

Ok yeah just about a minute ago my computer crashed. Just crashed. Not blue screened so i dunno. Is there any program that can measure the temperatures of things like the NB and the SB and the vid card? That would be nice cause that might be what is causing these crahses but i dunno. i am going to try to check with Asus probe and see what temperatures it reports after a few hours of gaming. Cheese

Vista also failed to read my asus disc.... Im trying to restart it now and hopefully it will read it... This is getting F***ED UP!!! AHHHHH.

Oh wow it started reading after a restart... that wasn't weird at all or anything...

I don't think its normal if my the fan slot on the back on my GPU burns your finger when you touch it... I also don't think it is normal if the copper cooling part burns you either on the GPU...

OK So lots of info from PC PROBE Including temps and voltages. Here is a list. Tell me if anything seems very wrong...

Vcore: 1.22V
    +12V: 11.84V
    +5V: 5.27V
    +3.3V: 3.30V
    MEMORY: 1.92V
    +1.2V HT: 1.23V
    NB: 1.26V
    SB: 1.52V
    CPU VTT: 1.12V
    DDR2 TERM.: 0.96V
    CPU PLL: 1.54V
    CPU: 25 C
    MB: 41 C

I will try to get GPU temp with another program. Get back to u soon, Cheese.

OK so according to RivaTuner, The core temperature of my 8800 Ultra is 78 C. I don't know if that is normal. If you need any more information this program has some more clock speed info but don't think that is necessary.

OK now its 80C And that is scaring me.... That is only 20 degrees from the melting point... Cheese = scared

Please don't continusally post. It seems that your sound card is having an IRQ conflict..... take a look at your BIOS settings.
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!