Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Case Mod Challenge/Idea

Anodized

Default Re: Case Mod Challenge/Idea

Sounds awsome like Monster Garage or Monster House but with case moding and all our higher level moders would get to play Jessy James

I wonder if we could make a real event our of this maybe even get a show on discovery what do you guys think? NAH prolly not lol still I love the idea
    Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams.

Wow, people actually like one of my ideas for once

Mod off could only spend like 100 dollars not including the base case
    Never try, never fail is my motto.

Without shadow, what defines the light?

Sounds awesome, lets do it.

All i need is the money for the case and the extra 99 bucks...
    although, i might be getting a superlanboy soon, make that the start case.

Anodized

Im in.... We need some rules... any thoughts?

Ok, here are a few suggestions for the rules.

1) All cases must not contain "pre-mods". If a case contains a window or other pre-mod it must be changed significantly before the mod is finished.

2) All mods must not cost more than $50 US. This is to ensure that everyone may be on a fair playing ground and will test the ingenuity of the modder. This limit consists of modding parts only (fans, watercooling acessories, heatsinks, drive bay devices, and other computer accessories). Hardware (paint, dremal accessories, sand paper, tools, etc.) is not effected by this limit.

3) Mods must be computer cases. The cases may be built from scratch but must have the ability to house a computer (mobo, Hdd, PSU, and CD/DVD/Floppy drive must all be able to fit or have some way of being connected).

4) All Modders and entrants must act in a way as to support those who are not as "skilled". Everyone starts somewhere, don't give negitive feedback on their work. (I don't think this is much of a problem here but its good to state it anyway.)

5) Mods will be judged by the forums. A poll will be made and will remain open for atleast 12 days.

Well, thats all I can think of, if anyone has suggestions or thinks a rule should be changed just post about it!

ATX Mental Case

I would jsut like to clarify #2. Is that saying that all computer based components that would go into the mod may not exceed $50? And that the tools or equipment purchased are not a part of that $50?

thats the only thing I was partially confused about.
    Thoughts become words, words become actions, actions become habits, habits become character, character becomes destiny...

Anodized

what if we can just "Frankenstein" the pc parts together from stuff that we already have? I agree on the case rules. Premodded would be almost an unfair advantage. We should do the best Beige box mod. Every one starts with a plain old beige box and we go from there. everyone must show a pic of the unmodded beigebox before any work was started. I think that would level the playing field a bit better not to mention how much money it would save. So what if we can only invest $50.00 in NEW modding parts, allowing old or salvaged parts from past projects or what ever... I also agree that tools should not count toward the $50.00 since newer modders are less likely to have the same tools as some of the more experienced builders. I also suggest that each entry be a 1 man(or women) job unless you are paying to have something done which would have to come out of the $50.00 and they must show proof such as an invoice or reciept. We should also show reciepts/invoices or what ever as proof of the expences for all new supplies. shipping charges from online retailers should not count as this would very greatly depending on modder's location and where the parts are coming from. On that same note tax should not count either since sales tax from online retail shops may not apply to everyone and local sales tax also differs too much from place to place. That's all i could think of right now
    but im loving this idea and i cant wait to get started.

Lol, you guys sound like lawyers.

$50, mod a beige box, tools to work on the job dont count, parts which go into the mod do. If you have spare parts lying around use em, but nothing which would give an unfair advantage.
    And btw, this is not going to be done for at least 2 weeks... Exams for the lose.

Oh an so you all know, the state i live in Is the most taxed place in the world. Apparently.
    NSW, Australia.
    At least thats what i've heard.