Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Case Mod Challenge/Idea

Anodized

Default Case Mod Challenge/Idea

Hey, did'nt see much chatter in the chatter box so i figured id try to make some. I'm new to the site but a long time tinker with moding im always looking for tips tricks hints and a good Challenge. I'm not sure how maney of you have my same attitude but I figured I'd throw this out anyways. I have seen alot of changes in the cases companys are put out one that caught my eye was the Asus Vento 3600 it's a little expensive at 150 big ones but I think it would make an awsome mod. However I've yet to come up with a good mod for it maybe someone else can come up with something for it. Someone may have even beat me to the punch if so if love to see it. I'd like to see any other cases or parts anyone one else has always thought about moding but just couldnt figure out WTF to do with it. You never know what someone else can do with it and it might just give you a new idea of your own
    Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams.

Anodized

Default Re: Case Mod Challenge/Idea

My personal choice for case modding are Cube cases. I love Yeong Yang. I have done a # of mods on these server cases and all have turned out awsome. The case is solid steel (about 40 pounds empty) and that makes painting with auto paint much easier. servercase.com has them for $165.00 plus shipping. the case can hold upto 15 drives and more than enough room for modding. you can check a good review with great pics at modthebox.com. Hope that helps.

ATX Mental Case

I have never modded a cube, but have always wanted to, all that space....
    Antec/Cheiftec/Chenming mid-tower cases are great.
    Lian Li cases are awesome.

I actually do not like that Asus case for modding 'cause everything they have done to it limits what you can do.
    ================================================== =========
    "And when you kill a man you're a murderer. Kill many and you're a conqueror. Kill them all and you're a God." - Megadeth

Anodized

i love server cases b/c they are built to a much higher standard as far as material and construction. The Yeong Yang cases are made for the small business to enterprise level customers so its about the contruction of the case 'cause you would never put a server into a cheap case. the Lian Li cases are very likely the best cases made. They are all aluminum and the construction is some of the very best. Although worth the money I would not really be very comfortable taking a jig saw to one of these unless you have expirence in working with them.

ATX Mental Case

hehe... I know how you feel about the Lian Li. My Megadeth mod is a Lian Li full tower and the damn case is so nice looking I didn't want to change it. Though since I bought it used it already had the blowhole up top and the "stock" side panel with the window so I didn't really do much cutting...
    ================================================== =========
    "And when you kill a man you're a murderer. Kill many and you're a conqueror. Kill them all and you're a God." - Megadeth

dude, we should have a "mod-off" to see who can build the sweetest mod, but everyone would have to start with the same case.

I don't know, just got that idea:p

Anodized

That would be cool. also too if anybody likes building stuff from the ground up there is a great website that sells spare parts for just about every application you can think of. partsexpress.com. example: they have 4" color lcd panels for like $99.00 and we could all use another monitor somewhere in our mod... doing something....

Anodized

I like that cube case that gives you alot of room for moding. Hoever I just use old cases I have laying around I wouldn't want to mess up a good one. someday maybe when this hobby of mine goes from tinkering to serous I'll give it a shot. I'm failry new at this however still learning all the tips for cuting, painting, ect. Thanks again though for the cool ideas.
    Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams.

Anodized

Just bringing about the Mod off. If this was to happen and people were to take part then mayne we could have categories.

Because lets face it am sure none of us newbies would want to go up against people like Crazybillybob or crimson sky would we now? Maybe if it was to happen each category could have a set budget maybe excluding the case though because obviously cases can be found cheaper at different places.

Or maybe there could be teams with with people such as Crazykillybob, Crimson Sky or any other of our super modders out there heading the team, maybe not so much taking part but more giving giving ideas and guidance to the other members.

Well there my suggestion I hope this make some sense to people.

Rankenphile

This sounds like fun!