View Poll Results: Who's the Worst Company?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Emachine

18 26.47%
  • Compaq

13 19.12%
  • Dell

20 29.41%
  • Gateway

2 2.94%
  • IBM

2 2.94%
  • HP

2 2.94%
  • Toshiba

2 2.94%
  • Sony

1 1.47%
  • Acer

2 2.94%
  • Other

6 8.82%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Worst PC Company?

You say you have it on tape?!?!? vastonecat's Avatar

Default Re: The Worst PC Company?

Quote Originally Posted by DrumThumper View Post
    I think it's pretty safe to say that we all know that. We're a bunch of geeks here.
    Yes we are all geeks here but some of are new geeks and don't know the history of our proud race.

Favorite Quote: " It seemed like a good idea at the time..." your neighbor.

Packard Smell ... all the way....
    hated those POS's... but I'll tell you what! The end users had a ton of problems and I was paid handsomely to fix them!
    -=:http://www.tech-daddy.com:=-
    (yeah I know... I need to update it... BUT I NEED TO MOD!!! )

The generic no-name junk they sell at Fry's electronics & Wal-Mart are worse than eMachines.

I got rid of my floppy disks Xpirate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nil8 View Post
    The generic no-name junk they sell at Fry's electronics & Wal-Mart are worse than eMachines.
    You are talking about "Great Quality" at Fry's. Those things are horrible junk.

Fresh Paint

I'll put in my input now on One unlisted company for canned PC's. Look out for Digital Storm. I use to be a system builder there and I could write a book on the things they do wrong there. The owner thinks he is all gamer but he is not in the least. And the thing is the owner of the company is this guys dad who is some old fuddy-duddy who's probably never seen a PC game.

The employees were underpaid for their skills and were pretty much treated like crap so buying a computer from Digital Storm just enforces companies like this to just pass of these crappy canned computers.

Is awesome

Looking at their website, they don't even have custom cases, just repainted ones.

Without that next step, It's nothing more than a couple of guys building computers in their basement.
    You love my sig.

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Dell as #1??? I can't believe that. Dells are fine as long as you use the "Dell Software". Which comes with every machine. I've redone my 1720 laptop and its awesome now. Oh and did i mention that Dell has the best warrant? That they will still support me even though I use none of their software or the OS that came on my laptop?

Hmm.. they sound so horrible to me...

Anyways... I vote Compaq cuz I've had alot of problems with them in newer machines being just junk for like $500. I guess I just don't like them cuz the sell computers that should not even be in the same class as a computer.

ATX Mental Case

have to say I go with the vote for no one, honestly I've been through 486 clones, 6 toshiba p85 - p250's (satellite & satellite pro's) compaq and hps PII's a Dell which I dubbed "the claw" and have since moved on to home builts, I have to admit, there are definately some chipset issues with compaqs sometimes, the supplied hardware with most pre-builts is sub par at best, but with the right combo of parts, you can get a strong PC. the 486 clones always did their jobs (word processing lol) the toshiba laptops were amazing to be honest, for their speed, the fact that they could run 95 on the best of days, they went through arizona desert heat, unprotected shipping, thumps and slams against and into vehicles, I think the only one that ever suffered was a broken lcd from the latch breaking and too much pressure on the lid. compaqs always had HDD issues till I swapped for a western digital, or seagate, the HP PII & PIII's survived, my 9 yr old half brother and one sits in my storage room ready to roar to life at a moments notice, "the Claw" I tore the case apart on that thing after getting it from a friend in the commercial district, started out as a plain jane desktop no frills windows 2000 box and became a semi-high end gaming pc after I chopped a few holes in it and mounted a vidcard cd-burner and a new sound card, (called the claw because it had that swivel top hatch that would slam down on your hand if you didn't prop it up right lol...)

so ya, they all have their problems, but hey, they're perfect for the average joe that doesn't compute much (well, when we're done with them, kuz I didn't bother bringing up all the ones I've fixed for friends)

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Toshiba has horrible customer service. I had a customer buy a $500 Toshiba and it died in 4 months. He sent it in for repairs via the warranty. They had it for 8 weeks, then sent him a bill for $400! IT WAS A $500 LAPTOP

Dell was sued by the state of NY
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440