Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pauls book

Anodized

Default Pauls book

well i ntoced while reading through it for like the 4th time that when ever it said LED before it would say "an" i was just wondering shouldnt it be "a"? and one more thing about the picture taking techniques area.. it says for the one about the problem you had with taking the pictures because you got some distorted vertical lines from your blinds.. but these lines are actually horizontal.. sorry if i was a little over critical but i just thought i should point those things out

Water Cooled

peopled pronounce LED differently, thatswhy someone puts an "a" or "an" in front. I suppose you just say led, but Paul says it as L.E.D. as an abbriviation where it sounds like "ell-ee-dee" and not just "led"

FX

Thanks Frakk, that's exactly correct. L.E.D. stands of course for Light Emitting Diode, which over the years has changed in look. When pronounced however, it is as Frakk says, "elle-ee-dee" so when pronouncing a word that sounds like it starts with a vowel, you would use "an" instead of "a".

Many thanks to Bill Nye the Science Guy for that explanation and english lesson.

Anodized

Ah ha that would explain it... thanks

Overclocked

like using 'an' before historic. Fundamentally wrong, but it sounds better than using 'a'

Water Cooled

an history? it sounds stupid. i dont know how Americans say it but here in Canada its still "A history" like "a historic event" and not "an" lol

Anodized

Excellent book Paul. I really like the vivid color photos of everything. I havent read it yet, I was just getting it so that you can sign it next time I see ya.

I have quite the collection of friends that have signed books for me, so I figured this would be a bit different among the horse books.

Sky I will sell you an autographed copy for $100

Anodized

laf. nah...I think I would like a personalized autograph..and I am sure I can get it for free...haha

Quote Originally Posted by voltov
    well i ntoced while reading through it for like the 4th time that when ever it said LED before it would say "an" i was just wondering shouldnt it be "a"? and one more thing about the picture taking techniques area.. it says for the one about the problem you had with taking the pictures because you got some distorted vertical lines from your blinds.. but these lines are actually horizontal.. sorry if i was a little over critical but i just thought i should point those things out

Did you enjoy it at least or did those miniscule flaws ruin it for you? You know what they say about people who point out other's mistakes.
    Last edited by Crimson Sky; 04-06-2005 at 01:36 PM.