Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WC kits

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: WC kits

CoolIT PURE Silent Liquid Cooler Review - $119.99 @ Xoxide

Just looked into that kit, seems pretty decent for the price. Maybe something to look into?

Here are some of my favorite reservoirs, in case you want to look into a nice replacement or something.

AlphaCool Cape Bullseye - Can be mounted into Two 5.25 Bays [Click]

AlphaCool Repack - Mounted into 5.25 Bay

XSPC Passive 150mm - Mounted pretty much wherever you want. Adds extra cooling as well.

They are fairly expensive though. You may be able to find them cheaper somewhere else, but those are the only sites that I know of off the top of my head that carries them.

Here are some cheaper alternatives.

Bay Style Reservoirs
    by Danger Den

Custom Reservoirs by Danger Den

If I had to choose one, I would probably pick this one. That really helps with making refilling clean and easy if you have an existing Fillport, if not then you will have to purchase one for an extra ten dollars or so. The bottom red Fillport you see in the pictures there is a drainage port, you can have that with any kit. All you have to do is buy some extra tubing, some clamps, the right splitting barbs (In Picture is a "Y" splitter) and the Fillport.

The cheapest thing to do is to do the leak testing. If you need a replacement, phone up the company and ask for one because yours arrived damaged.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

well you guys convinced me into piece a kit together, might take me longer to complete but i guess it's worth the wait. plus i just noticed good old state of california deposited my income tax refund

but now i'm thorned between swiftech and dangerden. both seem like good companies with good products, and both got their own share of fans...

would you go with an all swiftech system or DD system or mix and match?

Block
    [Swiftech Apogee GT or DD TDX]

Pump
    [Swiftech MCP350 or DD CPX1]

Radiator
    [Swiftech MCR120 or DD Black ICE GTX]

Reservoir
    [Swiftech MCRES or DD fillport res]

Block:
    [Swiftech Storm]-[Swiftech Apogee GTX]-[Swiftech Apogee GT]-[Danger Den RBX]-[Danger Den TDX]-[ArcticMod UV Reactive Collection]

My Opinion: This is a tough one. Its hard to say whether one block is better than another, because it sometimes depends on things such as your pump. Such as the Storm, which is an excellent block, but requires a good powerful pump to force the water over the pins effectively.

I would say go for the Apogee GT. It probably has the best performance/price ratio and you can get it at Newegg. Your only going to get so much more performance with blocks that cost twice as much, at least, thats my understanding.

Pump:
    [Swiftech MCP350]-[Swiftech MCP355]-[Swiftech MCP655]

My Opinion: I don't know much about DD Pumps, so maybe someone else here does. But Swiftech Pumps will usually do the trick just fine.

The one that I would pick would have to be the Swiftech MCP655. I think thats what most people around here use as well? Not totally sure about that, but I do see it alot in mods compared to the other two.

Radiator:
    [???]-[???]-[???]

My Opinion: I really don't know too much about the differences between Radiators. Its just one of those things that has always bored me half to death every time I try to learn about them.

But I do know that the Black Ice series are good and that you want ones with "flat tubes" and not round ones. I know why, but I can't think of the words to explain it. lol I want to say surface area or something...

I'm sure someone can help me out with that one though. I learned that flat tubes are better than round ones on these boards after all. ^_^

Reservoir:
    [Swiftech MCRES]-[DD Fillport Reservoir]

My Opinion: Although my favorite is the Bullseye, its pretty damned expensive for just a reservoir, even if it is a nice reservoir at that. Actually, most of the ones I like are expensive. lol I guess I'm just hard to please or something. Anyways, I'll use what you listed for what I would go with.

What I would go with is the Danger Den Fillport Reservoir. Its attractive, easy to use, very clean to use (especially with a funnel) and it acts kind of like a case badge, telling all your friends that your water cooled and that your much "cooler" than they are.

People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Also, don't forget about your barbs, fittings, clamps and other do-dads for your loop. They are just as important as any other part!

You can pick up pretty much all of that over at Danger Den. But as for your clamps, I would recommend getting those metal ones with the little thumb screw on the side for tightening. I don't really trust those plastic ones, although I've heard some people say the ones you can get from Danger Den are pretty nice. Meh, better safe than sorry in my opinion.

Almost forgot to add one more thing that I wanted to say. As for your tubing, I've heard that the Tygon tubing that you can get at Danger Den is desirable. The guy over at ArcticMod actually suggests using a combination of their web tubing and regular tubing. I don't know about that since I have no hands on experience, but I mention it because its so damned cool looking!
    Last edited by Zephik; 02-21-2008 at 05:50 PM. Reason: added info

don't forget the D-Tek Fuzion, the best block out ATM.

and thermochill rads with low speed fans can easily outperform and low end rad (black ice series) with high speed fans.

with pumps the danger Den mag 5 i think it's called is basically the swiftech MCP655 so its just as good.

Quote Originally Posted by blk03MitsuES View Post
    would you go with an all swiftech system or DD system or mix and match?

Block
    [Swiftech Apogee GT or DD TDX]

Pump
    [Swiftech MCP350 or DD CPX1]

Radiator
    [Swiftech MCR120 or DD Black ICE GTX]

Reservoir
    [Swiftech MCRES or DD fillport res]
    ALL swiftech for me...

and if you looking for a place to buy it go to jabtech. also for some reason they list that pump (MCP350) and the MCP655 at the same price so if you go there just get the MCP655 unless space is a problem for you.
    also teh water block won't be to good on quad cores, you need a Apoge GTX or Fuzion.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v