Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking...

Default looking...

I'm looking for a good printer, scanner, copier. i don't really need the fax. My price range is probably between 0-$125. any suggestions?
    Please read the TOS regarding links in signatures. We don't take kindly to that sort of thing. -The Mods

is never gonna give you up Elenril's Avatar

Default Re: looking...

What's your definition of good? What exactly are you looking for in a printer/scanner/copier, and what sort of thing will you be using it for?

Click for my dA page

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW
    Never leave a bright orange case outside. Magpies will attempt to gang rape it.

Just occasional printing, scanning, and coping. Not heavy duty or anything.
    Please read the TOS regarding links in signatures. We don't take kindly to that sort of thing. -The Mods

Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Is that the one you use? noisy cleaning cycles!

It's not the one I use, but it's one that looked good on paper. <Pun not intended>
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

To be honest, any of the printers in that price range are going to crap out in a couple years. Most will be relatively flimsy, and quite loud as well.

Don't expect some super long lasting miracle printer. I went through a ton of them trying to find one, and at that price it just doesn't exist.

Expect to have to replace it every year or two. Also, if your buying ink retail, expect to pay almost as much on ink as the printer itself.

Quote Originally Posted by NightrainSrt4 View Post
    To be honest, any of the printers in that price range are going to crap out in a couple years. Most will be relatively flimsy, and quite loud as well.

Don't expect some super long lasting miracle printer. I went through a ton of them trying to find one, and at that price it just doesn't exist.

Expect to have to replace it every year or two. Also, if your buying ink retail, expect to pay almost as much on ink as the printer itself.
    Yeah, my last one sucked. I just need something simple though, as I don't print often.

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Look in the trash, or, if you have a target nearby, go there, and you can get a lexmark 3-in-1 for $40 to $60.

I've got the madcow, what's your excuse? Bopher's Avatar

I have a Lexmark X1185 3-1 and it works just fine for what I use it for. Minimum printing. The only thing that stinks is the price of the ink. Black can cost $25 for 1 cart while color runs up to $40. If you can ever get a refill kit to work right then its worth it but I've had only 1 kit work and now I can't find anymore from that brand.

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."