Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you're thinking about buying a Dremel...

Default Re: If you're thinking about buying a Dremel...

Quote Originally Posted by markkleb View Post
    Mostly its a skill level kind of thing as long as you dont twist/force the dremel while cutting the reg cutoff wheels shouldnt explode.
    I figured that - I'm still fairly new to it, so I'm not that good at controlling it when it jumps away from me.

I've got glasses (which should deflect things on a direct course for my eyes), but should probably at least pick up a decent pair of safety goggles. As long as nothing hits me in the eye, whatever, I might end up with a scar and a not-so-interesting story to tell.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitternacht View Post
    Everyone else had quotes, and I didn't. I figured the next funny thing I see I'd throw in my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Jon, the whole post is about building a bong that changes its own water.
    Gee, it damn sure took me long enough to find and add the origin of the first quote...

I use glasses too, BUT please pick up one of these (so much cooler and safer)
    http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=96461
    while I work its so much nicer not to feel pieces hitting my face either.

(and I have been using dremels for over 30 years and I still mess up quite a bit)

If possible, I like to cut out an area with a cut off disk in my quarter-grinder first. I find the dremel work allot easier if all I'm taking off is a thin strip around the edge. Just don't put too much heat down with the 1/4 grinder as it can bubble paint etc.