Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Underwater cables.

Would You kindly... luciusad2004's Avatar

Default Underwater cables.

Anybody here hear about the underwater cables connecting the internets in different countries getting cut?

http://gizmodo.com/353284/five-under...les-cut-so-far

Anybody know anything about it?
    What if I'm a Snowstorm burning
    What if I'm a world unturning.

Default Re: Underwater cables.

Couple of days old. From what I heard a ship "accidentally" cut 2 cables while dragging their anchor. Now being an ex sailor, all the crew would have to be drunk and stupid to "forget" to pull the anchor up...
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Quote Originally Posted by Airbozo View Post
    ...all the crew would have to be drunk and stupid to "forget" to pull the anchor up...
    Exxon Valdez the second?
    My goal in life is to earn enough money to enjoy the lifestyle that my wife and kids do.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Airbozo View Post
    Couple of days old. From what I heard a ship "accidentally" cut 2 cables while dragging their anchor. Now being an ex sailor, all the crew would have to be drunk and stupid to "forget" to pull the anchor up...
    Especially since thats such a huge no no that the captain can lose his job for doing such a thing. Its not a mistake anyone would make. IF someone did make that mistake, then everyone would know about it and it would be on everyones mind, so it wouldn't happen again.

I've heard that its now 4 cables thats been cut. It could be just dumb people spreading rumors though. I also read a comment that said it was five cables, but I don't think so, but maybe.

First time is an accident. Second time is a coincidence. Third time is sabotage. ...someone smarter than me said basically the same thing, I can't remember who though.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

they cut a fifth one today

ive also been following this story

ive got a real bad feeling and more than the obvious

its the feeling of no one seems to care about this much its isnt being mentioned alot in the news

but 5 is no accident ill tell you that

weird
    check out my pc on youtube
    sorry for the lack of a decent video it was late

wow my sig sucks.. ha

I need some reliable sources before I believe the 5th cable rumor to be confirmed. Anyone have any?

/lazy
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

proof

I would have to agree with armadilloben.
    This could potentially be a bigger problem than media are making it to be.
    A lot of communication and databases rely on those wires.

After 5 being cut, it's obviously not a coincidence.

Is khaleejtimes.com a reliable source? I've never even heard of it.

...nvm. Its published in Dubai. I doubt they would let someone in that is not reliable.

So what do you guys think this means?

Would You kindly... luciusad2004's Avatar

The question on my mind is: Who would cut them, and for what purpose. IF the number really is five, i agree that five is no accident. I'm surprised big media isn't covering this. Why wouldn't they? Does someone not want them to? Do they just not care? (They will care if it spreads to their hemisphere!) Is this an act of digital warfare? Who knows. I hope the truth comes out though. I have a feeling it wont.
    What if I'm a Snowstorm burning
    What if I'm a world unturning.

Is awesome

I sincerely hope that this is not the beginning of a war on iran perpetrated by the insane bush administration. But I don't think even they would be that daft... no, I actually think that it is extremists trying to cut off communications in muslim nations... with each other. Somehow, someone is trying to gain with this. This can't be an accident.
    You love my sig.