Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tax Return

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Default Re: Tax Return

Quote Originally Posted by Airbozo View Post
    If you are old enough to file a tax return, it is a federal crime for anyone to intercept it or keep it from you. A polite reminder would suffice...
    Isn't it the same for mail? I'll go ahead and remind them later on this evening or I'm notifying the proper authorities.

I recieved my return about 2 weeks ago. I got back $305.02 in total from my combined state and federal return.

Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    Isn't it the same for mail? I'll go ahead and remind them later on this evening or I'm notifying the proper authorities.
    Tampering with someone else's mail IS a federal crime. However, if it is their house, it is their mailbox. They are not allowed to open your mail or prevent it from getting it to you.

Man I sound like the mail nazi. Seriously though, I have been down this road with a neighbor and I can tell you that the Postmaster General takes his/her job seriously. The postal inspectors take all complaints to heart, even those involving family members. (ask my dad)

You must remember that you are living in their house though and approach the situation accordingly.

BTW: I love this poster:
    http://www.usps.com/communications/n...ltampering.htm
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Yeah, I had a thing from Target saying "thanks for applying and all that but we've chosen someone else" or something like that... and dad opened it and told my bro to throw it out... or god knows what. And they've hidden my debit card from me. Yes, I know this is their house, and I do need somewhere to stay but I'm trying to get out of here as soon as I can. If you want to know more then PM me and I'll link you to my MySpace, I don't feel like hijacking this thread too badly and I'm going to respect the forums by not delving too deeply into my personal life here.

I am hoping to have enough left over to get at least a new video card and some ram, but I have to buy one of these first..

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

Believe it or not I'm getting $80 back on my first tax return ever. I worked at the local grocery story for about 4 months then realized that I could do better than that. I left and made my own local PC business with my friend. It's not quite official yet, but we have been getting a lot of cash. I've built 8 custom computers in two months for a total $705 in profits. And thats all from word of mouth.

I've already got that $80 put towards my next graphics card.

-Indybird

Quote Originally Posted by Indybird View Post
    Believe it or not I'm getting $80 back on my first tax return ever. I worked at the local grocery story for about 4 months then realized that I could do better than that. I left and made my own local PC business with my friend. It's not quite official yet, but we have been getting a lot of cash. I've built 8 custom computers in two months for a total $705 in profits. And thats all from word of mouth.

I've already got that $80 put towards my next graphics card.

-Indybird
    That's awesome dude! Profiting in only a couple of months. Keep at it. You know what they say.. well, my multi billion dollar company started out as just messing around in the garage.. the rest is history.

I've got the madcow, what's your excuse? Bopher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SgtM View Post
    That's awesome dude! Profiting in only a couple of months. Keep at it. You know what they say.. well, my multi billion dollar company started out as just messing around in the garage.. the rest is history.
    Isn't that how HP started? In one guys garage?
    Anyway probably new cell phones, we've had the same ones for 2 years and my Razor isn't holding a charge very long anymore. Hers sometimes will give her a static shock but I think that is just her moving around the house. The rest will probably see the savings account. My "new" computer will have to last me a while.

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."

I'm using mine to pay off part of my credit card which was used to buy books for this semester... college blows.