Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tax Return

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Default Re: Tax Return

We're getting back about $3600....
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

WOW! What a return.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothair View Post
    I guess it's just widely used and has had some of the best people in the world work on it, costing a ridiculous amount of money, for no actual reason. :/
    Have you checked out the front page lately?
    Projects:
    Moe's Tavern | Sponsored by: Mimo Monitors, Crucial, Thermaltake
    Book Of Knowledge

Gaming Console Modder Mitternacht's Avatar

i grossed almost $11,000 so my return is in the neighborhood of $850, not including the $600 check (if they approve it).

It's gonna be saved up and put towards a viper alarm system for the stang.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky
    I never like get into a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mitternacht View Post
    i grossed almost $11,000 so my return is in the neighborhood of $850, not including the $600 check (if they approve it).

It's gonna be saved up and put towards a viper alarm system for the stang.
    From what I understand about the extra return is that if it is approved, it won't be until Julyish. Which means you won't get the money till August - September . And the way they are explaining it now is that if you have kids its like $300 each with a max of $1200. If your a couple you get $600 each. And if your single you get $300. And for how much you make it will probably be between $3,000 and 75,000. its based on household now instead of the individual.

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Just claim ZERO, so you'll get back the most
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatSatan View Post
    Just claim ZERO, so you'll get back the most
    And when the tax man catches you, you'll get free room and board.
    My goal in life is to earn enough money to enjoy the lifestyle that my wife and kids do.

Nope, it is absolutely legal to claim up to x dependents, based on various criteria....
    Example, claim 1 if for yourself, claim 1 if noone else can claim you, etc, whatever, you claim 0 througout the year so they take the maximum in taxes, then at the end of the year you claim yourself as much as you legally can, and reap a huge reward. It's perfectly legal.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, con a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyse a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects"

Robert A. Heinlein

Ok, thanks Ironcat, I get it now!
    I guess I misunderstood TGS. I thought he was making a joke about lying to the IRS.
    My goal in life is to earn enough money to enjoy the lifestyle that my wife and kids do.

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

No he isn't. I claim nothing because I still live at home with my parents. You get alot back.

Yeah at work they take the taxes from my paycheck as if I was single also.

The year we got married, my wifes company got bought out within a few months of her starting there. She got stock options when she started. We made alot more on the options than what she made as her salary for the very short time she worked for them. We paid a lot at tax time that year because of capital gains.

After our first born came, we couldn't believe how much we got back. It was $4,000. When the second was born our return went up to $6800. Last year we screwed up our tax return options when we sold rrsps to buy our house. I had already bought our first house using RRSPs so this time, it was claimed as income. Our return went down to $4500.

This year, wife and 2 kids dependants, investments in RRSPs , donations to registered charities, etc. should be a return of roughly $8500