Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: QX9650 Cooling System Help Needed!!!

Default QX9650 Cooling System Help Needed!!!

Hi,
    I am building a new system and I wanted to know what cooling system you recommend to use for the QX9650. My specs are: Asus Striker II Formula and the QX9650, Geforce 8800 Ultra... sadly just one .. And those are the important specs. I need a CHEAP cooling system becuase I am running out of money to spend on my new system. I have looked at the CoolIT Eliminator and my friend has that running for his QX6600. I have heard that it makes a rattling sound and many people had problems with it.. that scared me . I also looked at the Thermaltake V1 which is a fan but it is said to be compatible with Core 2 Extreme processors. I need to know what will actually cool this well for a low amount of money. I am ok with both fan and liquid -- one that does not require a lot of maintenance because I have never had a liquid cooling system before--. THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS!!!!!
    Cheese

Default Re: QX9650 Cooling System Help Needed!!!

A budget with those parts? You probably shoulda thought all of that out BEFORE you spent 1k on a proccesor and $600 on a gpu. As for the cooling, i have no idea, but mr google is your friend.

A Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme (what I'm using) will keep your processor cool. A decent zalman should do fine as well. There are plenty of options to cool that processor. Remember to also get a high quality thermal paste. Your stock HSF (if you got one) should do fine as a temporary measure.
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by crenn View Post
    A Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme (what I'm using) will keep your processor cool.

i second that for a "budget" cooler on that computer. if your going to go watercooling then you will need about 200-300 for a pretty good setup, never got with kits (accept for a select few, swiftech stuff pretty much) BTW.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

You bought the processor that comes with the liquid cooler right?

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...ufacture=Intel

If not, i've heard great reviews about the Artic Freezer 7 pro which i think is about $20-$30 depending where you buy it.

Hi,
    I just got the CPU. It didn't come with any cooler. Would you recommend Water Cooling or Fan Cooling? I took a look at the Bigwater 760i and the 780e and also the zalman 9700. The other thing is that my motherboard makes a LOT of Heat and if I got a fan that would blow the heat all over. Would getting a water cooling system affect the amount of heat inside significantly? What do you recommend?
    THANKS!!
    Cheese

Hi,
    I just also saw this other water cooler. It is very maintenance free and I like that. I was just wondering if it would work well with the QX9650. Kingwin Gladiator hybrid cooler. What is the difference between regular and hybrid.
    Cheese

Quote Originally Posted by hungry4cheese View Post
    Hi,
    I just also saw this other water cooler. It is very maintenance free and I like that. I was just wondering if it would work well with the QX9650. Kingwin Gladiator hybrid cooler. What is the difference between regular and hybrid.
    Cheese

A regular cooler is either air or water. A Hybrid cooler(hybrid means a mixture)
    Is a water cooling system mixed with air cooling.

Also what slot does the CPU go into, it doesnt matter about the CPU that the heatsink is going on, its what kind of cpu slot. Its not like you have to have a special fan just because its new.

Its an LGA 775 Slot for the intel core 2 extreme QX9650.

Quote Originally Posted by hungry4cheese View Post
    Its an LGA 775 Slot for the intel core 2 extreme QX9650.

Then any LGA 775 cooler will work