Thread: A Friendly (Albeit blunt) Reminder.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Default A Friendly (Albeit blunt) Reminder.

I would merely like to state that this website is not the place for political discussions, the public domain isn't the place for solving personal issues with staff, and that, as Jon said, we're guests here.

As such, to maintain membership, it's quite simple really: Follow the rules and use good judgment. If you think something is really controversial (just take a minute and think: "Will this start a huge debate or something"), don't post.

In all reality, the website is property of one Mr. Paul Capello, and we are merely guests in his company. Think about it this way:

You're in his house, and if he tells you that you're not allowed to smoke inside, you'd listen, right? Either that or be kicked out, right? No different here.

To quote the Rule thread (read it sometime, it's a good idea):

Rule Thread

"The TBCS staff can move, delete, and edit posts. The decision of the TBCS staff is final in this matter; as is any decision made to ban a member."

and again:

"While debating and discussion is useful, posts containing rudeness, insults, personal attacks and spam are not tolerated. Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, nonsense, or any other material that clutters up the forums in a useless or distasteful manner."

Now, while political debates or discussion are not strictly prohibited in the rules, as a fellow TBCS member and a staff member, I advise that politically influenced topics are avoided for the fact that almost every one I've seen starts out alright-ish but degrades horribly.

And to emphasize:

This is Paul Capello's website. If he does something you don't agree with, either take it up politely with him VIA PM, deal with it, or leave. The choice is yours.

-Omega

P.S. I have locked this thread because I feel that discussion on this matter is not necessary. If the admins/mods feel otherwise, please feel free to unlock it to the public. If the admins/mods merely wish to state their opinion without feedback, then please respond but leave it locked. Thanks.
    Last edited by simon275; 02-02-2008 at 08:30 AM.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"