Thread: F27 - Vent

Fresh Paint

Default F27 - Vent

hello everyone.
    this is my first post on TBCS so i hope I'm doing it right(i always get in trouble on forums for posting in the wrong place).

i have been a fan on this site for a while now and have been meaning to do some modding of my own. I've named my case the F27 - vent because it is made of F27 hardwood and is incredibly well ventilated. i wanted to create a case that would suit me and some of the other furniture in my room. so wood was appropriate. it is not entirely finished yet but it is in a very functional state. the case has 9 silent fans keeping it at 17db when the CD drive Isn't running. i didn't want to use any components from other cases, so i found myself welding the entire frame out of 2mm thick steel and in some places up to a cm thick.

i would like to know what you think of it so far. any advice would be appreciated.

ps: I'm sorry for not having many construction photos of this, I'm usually good with that, but my camera was broken

Default Re: F27 - Vent

Wrong forum!!! Read the rules before you post!!!!

Just kidding dude. Welcome to TBCS, if you need any help ask away, and yes this is the right place to post this type of project. I love wood computers and this one is very cool! Nice design and beautiful choice of wood for the case, well done my friend. BTW- Is this project finished? If so you should get some more completed pics together (glamour shots) and we'll post it in the gallery.

-Jon

P.S. You should write some explanation of what we are looking at, describe the work you've done and help us understand you choices on structure and function. If this isn't done and it's a work in progress we can move it up into the WIP forum, no biggie.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Great Mod! Looks good and welcome to TCBS.

I think I speak for everyone when I say that custom wood cases are always welcome here.

Modding computers is really an art, and to use a classic medium such as wood to complement modern technology is a beautiful and under-rated method.

Keep up the good work, I agree with Jdbnsn that we would love to see some build pics, and a hardware description.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

I think I speak for everyone when I say that custom wood cases are always welcome
    Especially termites
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

I am very impressed with your work. That front panel is awesome. I'd like to see more from you.
    In Progress An Updated (Mac) Classic
    Completed Performa, BOX
    Hiatus Highrise
    Upcoming NightShift
    Cancelled Dell XPS, Framed, Busy

ATX Mental Case

i love the placement of the mobo, very nice.

Mod it!

I was an avid woodworker before getting into modding, so I always appreciate wooden PC cases. You've done a fine job. Excellent work!

I particularly like your minimalist and modern design and your airflow counter measures!

Cheers
    GAM