Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Intel Core 2 Quad Processor

Fresh Paint

Default Re: Intel Core 2 Quad Processor

Well over the last 4 days that i have been trying to fix it has been overheating and shutting off automaticaly. I want to know if it will be perminantly damaged and if so can i claim warranty on it?? I only bought this stuff like 5 days ago..

It's a possibility that the CPU is has been damaged through the excessive heat. I'm not sure if it's covered under warranty though.
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Yeah, there could be permanent damage done. But, like crenn said, your warranty may not cover that (and probably won't).

I'd just leave it off until you can get new cooler, and try again once you have one that works.
    RIP Bucko

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

I think your warranty would cover it because I had to replace mine for the same reason. I just told them the CPU kept shutting my computer down because it was overheating and they said,"OK, we are going to send you information, send us your CPU and within 3 days you'll have your new one." Its that simple. Just make sure you have the CPU and original Fan with you because they need the numbers off both to validate your warranty. (3 years if you bought it Retail)