Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Brand new Razer Barracuda AC-1

Default Re: Brand new Razer Barracuda AC-1

Just to top off the anti razer conversation, i recently sent them a ticket inquiring about linux drivers. This was the reply.
    ---------------------------------------
    Hi there,

Thank you for your support for Razer.

We do not have any Linux compatible drivers for our products.

Thank you.
    ---------------------------------------

What a joke.

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

I am starting to get very annoyed with these problems I am having. On top of that I am really starting to annoyed with their support not replying after one e-mail. If I describe the problem in detail and they take one sentence and answer only that part of my question. Then on top of all that its just one out of their 6 or 7 generic answers.

I can't listen to music properly, I can't watch 5.1 DVDs because there is no center channel, and now the control panel crashes half the time and none of my inputs work.

I'm not going to write a review until the software actually works, so sorry guys.

I don't think I've been this disappointed in a product since I got my Microsoft Wireless mouse. At least their support got back to me and stated that the problems I was having was due to the mouse's low dpi, which was true.

-Indybird

You should write the review regardless. Make sure to send a copy to Razer.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Roc View Post
    You should write the review regardless. Make sure to send a copy to Razer.
    True that. Maybe they'll rethink their customer support after a bad review lands on our front page .

And no Linux drivers? Come on! With the prices they charge for their products, I'm sure they could afford to take a 3 person team and make a Linux driver. If people all over the world can manage to make Linux drivers (1 person too, on their free time) then there's no reason that a big company shouldn't have them.
    RIP Bucko

after sending that info in my last post i got pissed off and sent then another email saying how stupid they are for making a computer respond and they send me this.

(here is a the whole thing)

Posted On: 06 Feb 2008 04:40 PM
    I am unable to connect my front panel audio connector to my newly bought Razer Barracuda AC-1 sound card.
    How do I know the pin layout?

i have looked at the faq regarding thing but there is a connection at the "back" of the card (next to the cd and aux in connections) and i want to know the pin layout for that.

THanks
    Rob.W

Posted On: 06 Feb 2008 10:52 PM
    Hi there,

Thank you for your support for Razer.

Please refer to this link for the instructions on how to connect your PC's front panel to the Razer Barracuda AC-1 soundcard -
    http://www.razersupport.com/index.ph...cleid=95&nav=0

Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Razer Customer Support
    www.razersupport.com

Posted On: 07 Feb 2008 05:09 AM
    wow, thanks for the USELESS response. i told you i have seen that, what the hell is the connector for at the back....!

Posted On: 07 Feb 2008 09:30 PM
    Hi there,

Please ignore the panel connector at the back of the card as we recommend our customers to use the J26 connector instead.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Razer Customer Support
    www.razersupport.com
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v