Thread: Oil Lamp

Greco101

Default Oil Lamp

My grandmother recently passed away and left me a Miller lamp. She claimed it was 1 of 2 custom made lamps for William Hearst of the hearst castle. From what I gather, her great aunt's husband was cheating and her great aunt, instead of getting a divorce, just took valuable gifts from her husband as a payment. Her husband worked for the railroad and some how came across this Miller lamp and it's been passed down.

Here are some pics:

According to Miller Co.'s patent list... it doesn't exist so it makes doing research a pain. I e-mailed the research team at the hearst castle about it and they requested pictures, so I'm waiting on their response. Wouldn't it be awesome?

I didn't know I can put a custom title Dilphat's Avatar

Default Re: Oil Lamp

dam, it would be so unbelievably awesome. nice!
    Do origami to calm yourself when something doesn't make sense or fit! haha, if all else fails get the paper you folded and burn it for no apparent reason.

Default Re: Oil Lamp

PBS has a show called the "Antiques Road Show" where people bring them treasures from their attic or whatever and they price them. Try contacting them.

You can also contact local antique dealers and auction houses, see what they specialize in and then bring it to them to see how what they think it is worth.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, con a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyse a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects"

Robert A. Heinlein