Thread: *Spoilers* Cloverfield *Spoilers*

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Default *Spoilers* Cloverfield *Spoilers*

This is for those who have seen it.

That was an amazing film! The B2 bomber dropping a giant **** off bomb on the monster was so cool. Also the scene when they where in the street with the troops were running by.

I know it was meant to be scary. The only bit I found scary though was the opening when they were standing in the street going wtf. The allusion to September 11 was obvious in this part.

Also the camera is crazy. It has like 24 hours of battery and film.

A number of people left the theater due to motion sickness and one girl sitting down the front threw up. I contribute that though to too many lollies though.

A few niggles like good luck surviving a helicopter crash from that height. Also how could have the camera have being found? As (according to wikipedia) after the credits a garbled radio message is played saying it is still alive. So unless the where cleaning up the city I doubt it would have been found. Or maybe they kill it later on then dig it up. I hope there isn't a sequel.

What was interesting though was the opening part there was a DARPA logo there. Also the creatures being wheeled away by the guy in bio suits.

One bit that was random was Marlena exploding like sure she got bitten and the wounds wouldn't stop. But seriously explode? Also at times it felt like a Nokia commercial.

Any way looking forward to what everybody has to say.
    Last edited by simon275; 01-19-2008 at 04:17 AM.
    Need a sig

Default Re: *Spoilers* Cloverfield *Spoilers*

i just saw this movie i would would say 7/10. i liked it over all but didn't like parts of the camera work, and yes i know it was meant to be like a home movie. it went from pitch black to bright sun several times and it was annoying to me. also that girl should have been dead the second they started to lift her let alone survive a helicopter crash after that.

and yes thats one wicked camera, great picture quality, battery life, survives numerous crashes, etc.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

I want to go see this movie now, lol... I wonder how much longer it's gonna be in theaters around here...

It just came out in the US.
    Need a sig

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by simon275 View Post
    It just came out in the US.
    I checked online earlier and found that out... maybe sometime this week I'll hit it up with a friend.

Also the camera is crazy. It has like 24 hours of battery and film
    Yeah, it also had such an amazing battery that they could use the lights for an hour or so in the tunnels, plus the 'night-vision' and it still ran till the next day.

A few niggles like good luck surviving a helicopter crash from that height
    The helicopter was counter rotationg the whole way down, I liked that little bit of realism they put into it. It was possible for some to survive and some not, after all, the pilot was squished.

What was interesting though was the opening part there was a DARPA logo there
    That was almost to be expected in a movie like this. Wher else would it have come from?

One bit that was random was Marlena exploding like sure she got bitten and the wounds wouldn't stop. But seriously explode?
    Marlena exploding did make sense. Think to when they were all in there together and they carried the soldier past in the stretcher. His whole abdomen area was missing and they said "We've got another bite", most people assumed that it had bitten a chunk out of him but then Marlena explodes so that's what a bite does.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, con a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyse a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects"

Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Ironcat View Post
    The helicopter was counter rotationg the whole way down, I liked that little bit of realism they put into it. It was possible for some to survive and some not, after all, the pilot was squished.
    Yeh Auto Gyro Rotation. You can only survive it from only small heights I believe. Any way I doubt they would have been able to walk away. As if they did survive there legs would have all been crushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironcat View Post
    Marlena exploding did make sense. Think to when they were all in there together and they carried the soldier past in the stretcher. His whole abdomen area was missing and they said "We've got another bite", most people assumed that it had bitten a chunk out of him but then Marlena explodes so that's what a bite does.
    You can cearly see her head explode when she was bitten in the back. So wouldn't her upper chest explode?
    Need a sig