Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crysis tis pretty

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Default Crysis tis pretty

So since I now have a reasonable system I went out and bought Crysis today. Really pretty game. I left the deafult 1024x768 went to settings suggest and it put it high across the board. Left the AA as I had heard how much of a graphics whore this game is and I got into it.

What can I say. The mechanic of using the suit is brilliant. You can be stealthy and snipe but if they get to close go in to strong mode and starting wacking them. Your health go down no problem just stealth and retreat to cover. The environment is so lush. Sometimes to lush and you can't find weapons dead enemys have dropped. As you have to be looking right at it to pick it up and you can't see due to all the undergrowth.

Also in a fire fight having palm trees falling everywhere is neat to. My favorite tatic is to sneak up to an encampent stealthy kill the guards then jump on the roof of a building and collapse on some guys in side.

As I type this the game is running in the background. Currently my system is using 1.31gb of ram and the 4 processors are hardly working. So far I have had no slow down what so ever. I guess as you start bumping up the resolution the game gets more intensive.

There is also multiplayer to. Can't wait to check it out! So who here has Crysis?

Now back to it and off to the excavation site!
    Last edited by simon275; 01-17-2008 at 05:54 AM.
    Need a sig

Default Re: Crysis tis pretty

I received Crysis for Christmas, beat it by the end of the week (causally playing it). It looked great and ran on my machine which doesn't quite meet the minimum requirements. I'd love to see it running at medium settings, because at low it looked better than any other game I've played. At the time, I had 1.5 GiB of ram and it used about 1GB of it. I did a ton of toying around with the enemy in the game. The stupidest thing I did was in one of the valleys you had to go a long ways, so I decided to use the boosted speed mode (to get from here to there faster), long story short I ended up passing a large group of N. Koreans and suddenly found myself in between two groups that all swarmed me, taking them one at a time was the key.

One thing I liked was that the enemy never just appeared (at lest in the case of the N. Koreans), they were always in a building or something so they could be picked off more or less in smaller groups instead of having the lot of them swarm on you.

You're only at the start further through the game it gets more graphically intense, i actually had to drop my settings from Very High/High mix to High/Medium mix, to push just over 30FPS... >.<

i preordered that game as soon as i found out about it, love it but i still have to finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    You're only at the start further through the game it gets more graphically intense, i actually had to drop my settings from Very High/High mix to High/Medium mix, to push just over 30FPS... >.<
    i'm in the zero gravity part and had to lower some settings but i also went from 1024x786 to 1280x1024. and while i love my setup it just can't handle that on full medium.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    You have an 8800gtx . What resolution where you running it at when you had to turn some of the settings down to medium?
    Need a sig

Yea that low gravity area is a pain, graphically and gameplaily. (i know that's not a word)

I got out and went down the mountain (wont say anything else, don't want to ruin it) And i just can't do it.

Si, im at 1680x1050, although i do always have a second monitor on too thats 1280x1024, my GTX is also overclocked @ 630MHz, needs more volts to be artifact free above that 1920Mhz memory, shaders at 1464Mhz...

i have the special edition xD

ive been following this game since about 7 months before release, i was in the beta for it but the MP i thought was lame.... well im replaying it through again now so maybe ill get back into it

Is awesome

Bethesda needs to make their next elder scrolls with these graphics and physics, think about how amazing that game would be
    You love my sig.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Quakken: I was thinking the same exact thing. The Crytek 2.0 Engine kicks ass! Imagine running from an ogre into an inn and the thing busts the front half of the inn open! That'd be one hell of a battle.

Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    Quakken: I was thinking the same exact thing. The Crytek 2.0 Engine kicks ass! Imagine running from an ogre into an inn and the thing busts the front half of the inn open! That'd be one hell of a battle.
    Yeah that would be intense. I have noticed a few glitches. When a weapon drops from a dead guy they can half go through the floor and vibrate. Also the level when the tanks come into the town. I shot a rocket and it hit the tank and some drums blew up. The tank lifted up into the air and was sitting upside down floating and it was still alive.

Yeah 1024x768 is fine for me.

What style do you guys play the game? I play it like a tactical shooter e.g. Rainbow Six, Flashpoint etc. Instead of playing it like Halo or Quake. So I go strength to steady my aim and snipe a few guys. Then when they organize and a mob of them come at me. I run to a choke point and pick em off one by one with heat shots.
    Need a sig