Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crysis tis pretty

Default Re: Crysis tis pretty

I think my favorite part of the game is single player. This is because you can play it however you like. You can go in an plow them down with the shotgun or hide in bushes picking them off one at a time. I have beaten it twice on normal, once on hard, and now working on Delta. It just dosent get old.

BTW, which style do you guys play? Loud or stealthy? Myself, I like to sneak in and kill them one at a time without setting off alarms. That means 6 men, 6 bullets.

-dan

Click here for the Battlefield 2 L.A.N. Pc worklog.

Where the hell is the "any" key? HackSore's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spawn-Inc View Post
    i have noticed the gun halfway through the table thing as well. i had to smash the table.
    I cant say i have had that problem at all.

One thing that does really annoy me about the game though is that on more then one occasion, i have been killed trying to walk past something, like a small bit of debris on the floor or whatever, just doesnt seem inportant, then all of a sudden, im dead!

Apart from that and some dodgy suttering frame rates, i gotta admit, im really impressed with it, it really is a fantastic game, i didnt think i was gonna enjoy it as much as i am.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Got it up and running again and this game is just as fun as I remember... yay for the SMG! That thing is awesome for picking people off with around corners and such. Sniping is fun too since you don't have to hit them right between the eyes to make the kill... only thing I hate is those danged Koreans with nanosuits, what a pain in the ass to kill... especially when they have miniguns.

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

I got Crysis two days after it came out; the guy at the Circuit City near me said that they had only sold 3 copies since its release, ouch.

Once I got it installed I found myself running @ 1680x1050 Medium~High Custom settings w/ no AA and I was running around 25-35 fps. After the patch I was running at mostly high w/ some (w/ file mods) DX10 effects turned on to get the DX10 look without the DX10 laaag. At those settings I was running about ~25.

I got Crysis running at all DirectX 9 high w/ most DX10 settings turned on thru config file mods @ 1920x1200 w/ no AA and got about 30fps on my friend's new comp: Q6600 2.4 (Underclocked to 1.86GHz, problem w/ mobo), 2GB DDR2 RAM, 8800GT 512MB. We compared some screenshots we took between my custom graphics settings and everything on full and we really couldn't tell the difference. Except with everything on full (no AA still), he only got 18fps avg.

I think that even when I get the uber-powerful 9800GX2, I still won't just crank all of the settings to "Very High". I'll probably use the same settings as on my friends computer but see if I can possibly squeeze some AA in.

-Indybird

I've got the madcow, what's your excuse? Bopher's Avatar

I've only played the demo and loved it. It is on my wish list for B-Day. As well as the orange box, Supreme Commander, Battlefield 2142, etc etc etc.. lol

I loved the suit interaction. My problem was my mouse battery was low so in the heaviest times my mouse would stop for a second.

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."

I picked it up on launch day, preordered it and waited there and chatted with the staff at GameStop while waiting for it to arrive. Still haven't beaten it, had to restart and I'm currently at the part right before you go into the mine... the start of that level.

I think i shouldn't have set mine to Delta mode Im out in the ice, just crosssed the bridge as the ship thing flys above. Then i gave up because i got to the AA and i kept dying.

Do you get the various scopes on Delta? If not then it's a load of bull****, lol.

You get the scopes on delta. I know because I finished the game on delta.
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Cool. It just said "simple iron sights" so I figured it might take your scopes away. I do like how it gets rid of crosshairs though... by the way, does it reduce your armor's ability to absorb bullets or anything? Or does it just make the AIs smarter and all?