Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: apple sucks balls

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

Default Re: apple sucks balls

I wouldn't go as far as to say anything quite that blanketed and uninformed, but I did read the other day in a computer magazine that the new generation of G5's have an astounding 40% failure rate in the first 12 months - thats just scary....

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    Way to go explaining your point. You are such a convincing speaker, I am sure everyone will soon be joining you in your cause.
    You know Zeus, he does have a point... j/k. Aside from the basic fact that his ignorance is at an astounding level of immaturity, primarily due to his inability to recognize Apple computers as "PCs" or "Personal Computers," if you will; You must give him credit for his confidence that he won't get flamed in any way, shape, or form, for this terrible attempt to seem "cool" by generally stating that all Apple products "suck balls." I am confused, however, to which "balls" are "sucked" by Apple pruducts, such as the iPod, the G5, or any of the software they put out. Are they tennis balls, bowling balls, softballs, footballs, basketballs, hairballs, bouncy balls, balls of clay, balls of dough, balls of any assorted metal, or are they some other form of "ball" that is not mentioned here. After all.. since none of the products created by Apple have any known "sucking apparatus," I am also curious as to how you have been able to get them to "suck" in the first place. Once you are able to justify those answers rather than saying "i do not need a reason, they just do," I can actually think of you in a higher light than another punk kid striving for attention.
    Thoughts become words, words become actions, actions become habits, habits become character, character becomes destiny...

Rankenphile

Not to be a smart-ass, and not to be "another punk kid striving for attention", but I did manage to find one of Apple's "sucking apparatus".

:p

ATX Mental Case

*peers in* *realizes it was a bad idea to even post here in the first place* *walks out of the rezzed potential flame war*

Fresh Paint

Apples DO suck! (From the manual of my Power Macintosh 7600/132, page 3)

Less Than Completely Radioactive

Rankenphile

I give up. Shroomie wins.

Ok guys...I was considering buying an iMac but firstly they cost £900 here in the UK. And they are worse than PC's. Plus lets face it...You can't exactly mod an iMac like a PC. You don't see Thebestimacscenario do you....no i don't think so.
    They are such a downgrade on pc's aswell. I mean the £900 imac doesn't even come with a 256mb graphics card...what's all that about.

PC's Rule
    iMac's suck

Easy..

There's my 2 cents..

Titch

P.S. iMacs suck

ATX Mental Case

Ok, to clarify somthing for all of you n00bs out there.... Mac computers ARE PCs. The term "PC" means "personal computer," therefore those of you that sling the term "PC's Rule... iMac's suck" or whatever, you're an official idiot.

The software created by Macintosh is a heck of a lot more stable than the Microsoft 1s and 0s that are dominating everything you people think are "good." The GUI for the Mac software is easier to understand, thus allowing for the term "idiot-proof computer" but that does not grant them the ability to "suck" as you all so elequently put it.

iPods are on the rather expensive side, yes. Other, cheaper products do the same thing for less, but how many people have them? How many people are happy with them? More than you know.

As for modding a Mac, you obviously haven't looked for it. There is a Mac mod on this website. Gordy did one to a Mac cube. There is someone on the HardForum site that is making a G5 Case smaller in a mod. I'm not sure where the other mod I am thinking of is, but one of your "PC" fanbase did a mod with his comp essentially dedicating it to Macintosh.

I have one last thing to say and it is that Titch, how can you even compare and entire comp to a graphics card. They are two COMPLETELY seperate things. Once you understand what you are talking about, you may speak again, but until then, your speaking privaledges have been revoked.

And that goes for all of you that can just outright say "Macs suck." Until you use them properly, you will never understand how well they work. If you don't know what you are talking about shut your mouth.

--end of rant--
    Thoughts become words, words become actions, actions become habits, habits become character, character becomes destiny...

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    Way to go explaining your point. You are such a convincing speaker, I am sure everyone will soon be joining you in your cause.
    Yeah, just like everyones going to be joining your cause, Zeus.

I dont like iPods because:
    They're too large for my pocket. I don't like the minis design. The battery is soldered in so you can't replace it yourself (I'm saying that the general public can't replace it). Even if it wasn't soldered in, why should I have to replace my battery?

I'm perfectly happy with my Zen Micro.

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by [DGN]Nexus
    Ok, to clarify somthing for all of you n00bs out there.... Mac computers ARE PCs. The term "PC" means "personal computer," therefore those of you that sling the term "PC's Rule... iMac's suck" or whatever, you're an official idiot.

The software created by Macintosh is a heck of a lot more stable than the Microsoft 1s and 0s that are dominating everything you people think are "good." The GUI for the Mac software is easier to understand, thus allowing for the term "idiot-proof computer" but that does not grant them the ability to "suck" as you all so elequently put it.

iPods are on the rather expensive side, yes. Other, cheaper products do the same thing for less, but how many people have them? How many people are happy with them? More than you know.

As for modding a Mac, you obviously haven't looked for it. There is a Mac mod on this website. Gordy did one to a Mac cube. There is someone on the HardForum site that is making a G5 Case smaller in a mod. I'm not sure where the other mod I am thinking of is, but one of your "PC" fanbase did a mod with his comp essentially dedicating it to Macintosh.

I have one last thing to say and it is that Titch, how can you even compare and entire comp to a graphics card. They are two COMPLETELY seperate things. Once you understand what you are talking about, you may speak again, but until then, your speaking privaledges have been revoked.

And that goes for all of you that can just outright say "Macs suck." Until you use them properly, you will never understand how well they work. If you don't know what you are talking about shut your mouth.

--end of rant--
    I hate myself for my weakness, but I was drawn to reply. The term PC now defines the non-mac design. It has been defined by the cumsumer market as that and such it is now so. Every market term is eventually decided by geuss what... the market. The consumer decided macs would be macs and the rest would be PCs deal with it it doesn't matter.

"Idiot proof computer" is not a term I would associate with macs. They are not idiot proof if the user is not comfortable in windows, if they are then macs are a bit confusing, and vice versa. Second the mac OS is not more stable. It is just the majority of the people who use macs now are macintosh fanboys and no how to do everything in it. PC users(yes I said PC and meant it as non mac computers get over it) are larger in number and more common people who don't know jack about computers use it. Thus Windows does get a worse rap than it deserves. I realize windows is worse than other OSs but it is not anywhere near as bad as everyone scream, before you ask I have used a good number of OSs.

Just because a lot of people buy Ipods does not mean it is a good product. Don't kid yourself we both know the majority of people buy products only for looks. Hell I do it and sometimes I regret it. But the point is just because people buy it does not mean it is good. Of course more people than I know are happy than them. But what kind of ridiculous statement is that? More people than I know do a lot of things. More people than I know hate Ipods and have had horrible experiences. That statement can and is applied to everything.

Modding macs, macs are not harder to mod. It is jus tthat less people have them thus you see a decreased number of mods.

Comparing a entire computer to a graphics card is quite reasonable. Seeing as how it is kind of an essential part in gaming. And the performance of the game rides on the GFX card as much as the processor or the ram, probably even more. A graphics card is PART of a computer it is not a completely different thing.

I have used macs properly and I do say they are inferior to PCs(I did it again!). They are only good in my eyes for video editing and that is changing rapidly as PCs(OH NO YOUR EYES!) are gaining much better editing software.

-please escuse any grammer errors I typed this rather quickly.