Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Domain name help

Default Re: Domain name help

Quote Originally Posted by SgtM View Post
    Here's some info that is goin to be helpful to all 3 of us. Skinning your fireboard forum:
    http://www.archive.org/details/Fireb...late_Tutorials
    That's looking like a great link . I watched most of the first part, and it looked really helpful. +rep for the find.
    RIP Bucko

Hey tinker.. did you ever get anywhere with this?

Quote Originally Posted by SgtM View Post
    Hey tinker.. did you ever get anywhere with this?
    I've been wondering the same.
    RIP Bucko

First off...
    + rep for the good link.

As far as progress goes I haven't made much.
    To tell you the truth I haven't worked on it much the last few days.
    I have be swamped with schoolwork because I was sick for a couple of days last week. Make-up work.
    I don't know when the next time I will be able to work on this more but it is high on my things to do. I just need to set aside a few hours so I can call tech support and then use whatever they tell me to try to figure things out. Hopefully I can do that before the week comes to an end and if worse comes to worse I will knock it out first thing Saturday.
    Thanks for staying posted and interested.
    I will make sure to share the results as soon as they happen or relay any further delays.

Good to hear that it's still on. I also found that siteground.com has some decent tutorials for Joomla. I just installed Google Adsense yesterday. Such a breeze. I'll see if I can dig up this one template site that I found. There were something like 1500 templates to choose from. Of course, they're all free. + rep back at ya for sticking with it.

I still haven't called...
    Been really busy with school lately.
    It probably won't be until Wednesday that I get another chance either.
    Hopefully I can then work on getting the actual site up over the weekend.

I finally got some time to call the tech support for startlogic.com, but I got a girl that didn't even know what Joomla was. Kinda disappointing. She said that she would send a report to the proper department and they would get back to me within 1 or 2 business days. That means that it won't happen until Tuesday.
    I'm getting antsy to get this thing up and running but I don't really have any other options right now. I will probably do some more research and troubleshooting sometime today or tomorrow and try to fix it myself.

It's been kinda a long time since I updated. I have actually been working on it. Surprise Surprise. I got an e-mail back from the customer support team's manager and he didn't really help much. I tried to troubleshoot some more but my patience wore thin, quickly.
    After thinking about it for a while and researching what I would be missing out on if I dropped Joomla and just used Dreamweaver or a similar program, I decided to just go with the latter.
    I've been working on it pretty consistently for the last few days. Not a whole lot of time but just off and on between other things I had to get done. Hopefully, I can get it done within two weeks. It seems like a pretty realistic goal, but things tend to not work out the way I plan. haha. Whatever. At least, it seems like I'm getting somewhere and I can see my progress.
    I've also taken on another project so it may get in the way with this, but it's pretty small and I will try to make the website top priority.

Also late but my fave host is hostmonster.com 1,500 Gigs of hosting space (i.e. enough for a medium size army), 15,000 Gigs p/m of transfer $6.95 a month. Comes with everything you could ever want including shopping cart and credit card stuff so you could move to electronic ordering and payment over time if you wished.

I'd also recommend going hosted rather than self-hosted unless you want to spend your entire life tweaking your server. Also if self hosted every time your line has a fault your server is down.

Best wishes with the business,

Matthew

You do realize the last post was almost 2 years ago right?