Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lost a friend to WoW

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Default Lost a friend to WoW

One of my long time closest friends is gone. We used to hang out, but now all he does is play World of Warcraft. He's been in to it for 3 months now and is waaaay gone. He sometimes wakes up and starts playing. He plays while he eats, and probably dreams about it too. He lost his fiance to WoW and he's going to probably lose his job to it, because he felt it necessary to install it on a company PC. All day at work, he yaps and yaps about it, and none of it makes any sense to me. I don't get how an adult can get so crazy about a game. It is just a game right?

BTW, I'm a Moderator now!
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: Lost a friend to WoW

Well, if he loses his job then he won't be able to afford it. Maybe then he'll get a better perspective on life.

You could always drag him out by his feet and show him how much fun the real world can be. I used to play WoW nonstop because I didn't have anything better to do. I never did find anything more fun than WoW, but I don't play as much anymore because I've burnt out on it. Its just not fun anymore, so I have no reason to play.

Give him something better to do than play WoW, or just sit down with him and have a talk. If he out right refuses to listen, then he's not much of a friend is he? Leave him, then maybe someday he'll realize that he's all alone, and why? because of some video game.

or another option, join him and make the game for him a living hell. lol
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

thats why i am never going to try that game, i already waste my life sitting at home, i don't need more reasons to do so.

hack his account or delete it?

Congrats on the new title!

also TGS in your "my System" you say you have a "Evercool Silver Knight w/refrigerant" there is no refrigerant in there, its just water, or did you mod it?
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

I got rid of my floppy disks Xpirate's Avatar

He probably will loose his job. People get annoyed with folks who have a one track mind. They could just use the fact that he installed a game on his machine as an excuse to let him go.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

That really sucks... as soon as I get another video card and can play something besides WoW, I'm done for a while. My dad plays all the time too, weekends, while working when he's on a conference call, etc. As fun as it is, it's not a very healthy game so it would seem... it's the kind of game where you can't play for only an hour and get somewhere. Blizzard says to take it in mediation but when they make it so the damn birds you're killing only "drop" the beaks you need at a 10% rate and you need 30 beaks, it's gonna take a while. I know I'm done... Crysis is much more fun anyway, lol.

I'd do what Zephik said, sit down and talk to him. SHOW him what you're seeing... and hopefully you can save him from totally destroying his real life and falling into a false reality... which sadly seems to be what WoW is for a lot of people.

Congrats on the moderator status.

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spawn-Inc View Post
    also TGS in your "my System" you say you have a "Evercool Silver Knight w/refrigerant" there is no refrigerant in there, its just water, or did you mod it?
    I guess I considered their "8mm copper tube injected with anti-freeze" as refrigerant. Fixed
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

I've never been able to play any MMOs, and I couldn't be happier. They are stupid and time-consuming, not to mention they cost a monthly fee and take away any ounce of a life you had. Plus, WoW looks like crap anyway. It's got bad graphics and is just another fantasy MMO (IMO).
    RIP Bucko

Quote Originally Posted by .Maleficus. View Post
    Plus, WoW looks like crap anyway. It's got bad graphics and is just another fantasy MMO (IMO).
    Maybe on your system. I think the graphics are actually quite nice.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Greco101

I tried WoW and hated it. It was waaay too cartoony.

*sigh*
    That's the point guys.. it's not supposed to look photorealistic.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro