Thread: Overclocking on the ASUS P5N32-E SLI Plus

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

Default Overclocking on the ASUS P5N32-E SLI Plus

My friend just got an ASUS P5N32-E SLI and I want to overclock his Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600. Now, I may be a noob with these newer ASUS boards, but I cannot find the CPU clock/Bus Speed/Whatever its called option in the BIOS. Where can I find this? (and if thats not how you do it anymore, how do I do it?)

-Indybird

Default Re: Overclocking on the ASUS P5N32-E SLI Plus

It is definitely in the BIOS. I have the same board.

Alternatively, ASUS bundles a program called AI Booster with that board (or you could probably download it from their site) and it allows you to change the bus speed, voltage, clock, etc from your desktop without ever going into the BIOS at all...

Good luck.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, con a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyse a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects"

Robert A. Heinlein

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

Default Re: Overclocking on the ASUS P5N32-E SLI Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Ironcat View Post
    It is definitely in the BIOS. I have the same board.

Alternatively, ASUS bundles a program called AI Booster with that board (or you could probably download it from their site) and it allows you to change the bus speed, voltage, clock, etc from your desktop without ever going into the BIOS at all...

Good luck.
    Oh wow, you just reminded me that I never fixed that! Thanks for the help and for reminding me. +rep

By the way, can an underclocked processor cause blue-screens?

-Indybird