Thread: Website back up-and-running

Default Website back up-and-running

Well, after quite a while of downtime on my home server (24/7 running = $$$), I finally got my website back up.

Hosting was quite necessary, so I went to SiteGround. For $7/month, I get 750GB of space, 7,500GB of transfer, unlimited email accounts, unlimited FTP accounts, unlimited subdomains, cPanel, and Joomla. I was using Webmin for my server administration, but oh wow am I impressed with cPanel. It is very, very nice. Comes with phpMyAdmin installed too, which was great for importing my old MySQL database from the old server. I finally have my website email working too, and I have a way better organized file structure.

If anyone is looking to host a site, I definitely recommend SiteGround. And of course, Joomla .

Just thought I'd share .

.Mal
    RIP Bucko

Default Re: Website back up-and-running

Ah I was wondering what happened to your site!!
    Ill have a look at it now.
    +rep coz i feel like it :p
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post
    I'm starting to worry that I may become genuinely funny at some point. Then there will be no hope.

Ok, so it isn't FULLY up and running. I just saw that the components I've added (forum, and a few admin things) aren't there. Time to fix that!
    RIP Bucko

I get 300GB of space and 3TB of transfer each month for $7. I know there are other hosts out there that offer more than what I have, but that doesn't make them better. It's about service too, and the speed at which the server sends the files is anoher thing. And it's not like I've ever used up al the space or transfer I have anyway, so why go through the hassle of moving everything to a new server.

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaJe View Post
    I get 300GB of space and 3TB of transfer each month for $7. I know there are other hosts out there that offer more than what I have, but that doesn't make them better. It's about service too, and the speed at which the server sends the files is anoher thing. And it's not like I've ever used up al the space or transfer I have anyway, so why go through the hassle of moving everything to a new server.
    Who are you getting your hosting from if I may ask?
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

Powweb. Another thing I like about them is that they are now located in Massachusetts. So I could actually drive to the location where my server is.