Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hfh Pc?

ATX Mental Case

Default Hfh Pc?

(hardware for humanity)

What do you think we get someone like crimson sky to mod a AWSOME pc. Then we get donation hardware. Then it gets sold, and all money goes to katrina relif.

It wouldn't even have to be a case mod that is that hard either. Maybe a red cross made out of plexiglass.

Someone might want to pass this idea on to the people at gruntville. I would, but they scare me over there!

Administrator

Default Re: Hfh Pc?

Quote Originally Posted by weirdguy
    (hardware for humanity)

What do you think we get someone like crimson sky to mod a AWSOME pc. Then we get donation hardware. Then it gets sold, and all money goes to katrina relif.

It wouldn't even have to be a case mod that is that hard either. Maybe a red cross made out of plexiglass.

Someone might want to pass this idea on to the people at gruntville. I would, but they scare me over there!
    We have already discussed this idea a few days ago... It is being mulled over as we speak.

ATX Mental Case

great minds think alike? eh?

comon, i dont think that will work, unless you get a company to buy it. If crimson was to do a doom 3 type (type and money not theme) there would be no point, no one would have enough to buy it.

edit: oops time, not type

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by emochild626
    comon, i dont think that will work, unless you get a company to buy it. If crimson was to do a doom 3 type (type and money not theme) there would be no point, no one would have enough to buy it.
    Oh yeah I forgot....Crimmy's mods are magical and they cost millions of dollars to buy Come on man. If he were to make a mod for the charity it would be a prize or it would be auctioned off to the highest bidder which would mean the winner could afford it.

but if the mod would cost more than the bidder payed for it, wouldnt it be better just to directly donate that money to the katrina relief fund and skip the mod?

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by emochild626
    but if the mod would cost more than the bidder payed for it, wouldnt it be better just to directly donate that money to the katrina relief fund and skip the mod?
    He's got a point... I think if we were to just do the raffle that we would generate more money than if Crimson did a HfH mod. Thats me though..
    Thoughts become words, words become actions, actions become habits, habits become character, character becomes destiny...

Water Cooled

but isn't the idea that the hardware, or the money to procure said hardware be donated? I think this would be an idea to hit up for corporate sponsorship. Get someone to donate the parts. :-)

EDIT: Maybe in exchange for incorporating their log on a case badge or something so they get credit for the donations.

Just my $0.02 :-)
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
    - Unknown

Administrator

Come on guys......do you think we are stupid. We are not going to make a $5500 case and raffle it or auction it for $100. Think along the lines of A $200 OR $300 case. And it would be a case not a full blown computer system.

ATX Mental Case

As Dante stated we talked about this. It may be something we do at some point, just not now. Right now we are focusing on getting the ball rolling and the cash flowing. Once things get rolling we can think about doing something like this down the road.

The idea of a system built for charity is not a new one. As a amtter of fact it was just that idea that got me started at GruntvillE. At the time we were talking about taking a case and each of several modders doing their "specialty" to it and sending it aournd then auctioing it off. That was like 3 years ago. It never go off the ground, but H4H migh be the vehicle to ressurect that idea.

The support everyone is showing for this effort is fantastic. Thanks!
    ================================================== =========
    "And when you kill a man you're a murderer. Kill many and you're a conqueror. Kill them all and you're a God." - Megadeth