Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I need some fish suggestions

Default Re: I need some fish suggestions

ya i will forever stay away from gold fish. i'm not sure why they are considered easy as they have alot of diseases to get infected with and then die. like i said before i have a black ghost knife and bala shark and they have been hassle free (aside from the regular stuff, water changes, feeding, etc.)
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

with tropical fish dont you need to add some salt to the water? i know my mum ust to do it every time she changed the water...

also my mum is good friends with the fella who we normally goto and he gives us free ph tests to make sure the water is oki.. might be something you could look into or if its worth while..

im not the biggest fish fan but i do like em my favs are silver sharks and the suckers (dunno the name) the ones what stick to the glass and grow very big.. o and a nice looking sianese fighter, but they have the same prob as the other fish you got. if you have two of them they get all male and start fighting xD
    Basic Math:
    1 + 1 = 2
    1 * 1 = 1

i second Ironcat.

I wouldn't worry to much about salt unless you have some rift lake cichlids and then you really don't need it.

I am pretty sure you need a neutral ph for goldfish. you can get a simple tester at any pet store.
    it's a good idea to get a small tester kit (ph,amonia,nitrite,nitrate) until you get the tank cycled and you get familiar to it.

Si-skyline they are called plecos for short. i've got one well over a foot in my tank.

Quote Originally Posted by si-skyline View Post
    with tropical fish dont you need to add some salt to the water? i know my mum ust to do it every time she changed the water...
    some tropical fish are fresh water fish but there are salt water tropical fish. most of the time you need a heater for either.
    also my mum is good friends with the fella who we normally goto and he gives us free ph tests to make sure the water is oki.. might be something you could look into or if its worth while..
    i got a kit for ph and ammonia but you can take a sample of your water to a local pet shop and they will, here anyway, do a free test.
    im not the biggest fish fan but i do like em my favs are silver sharks and the suckers (dunno the name) the ones what stick to the glass and grow very big.. o and a nice looking sianese fighter, but they have the same prob as the other fish you got. if you have two of them they get all male and start fighting xD
    like my bala shark
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Good luck with your new fish and tank. With goldfish you will probably need to do a 1 gallon water change every week because they are a messy fish. You also may want to invest in a gravel vacuum (Like this one) to clean up the bottom ever so often and you do your water change at the same time. Have fun

-dan

Click here for the Battlefield 2 L.A.N. Pc worklog.

Well, if it reqquires a weekly water change, then that's what I'll do. Don't worry, I'll take good care of them. Mainly it was my dad who wanted the spotted one. I went for the black one. I'll probably eventually have a bigger tank too.

I have a quesiton though. It's getting dark outside now. When I turn on the light in the aquarium, the black one stays near the bottom. When I turn it off though, he moves up and starts being more energetic. Think I should leave it off for now?

i have my light on a timer around 8am the light turns on and around 10pm the light shuts off.

it creates a fake morning and night time for them.

Goldfish in general, and moors in particular prefer cooler water... 68 to 72 F is perfect for them. remember they were once upon a time Chinese carp, in mountain streams...
    In a tank as small as yours, depending on your bulb, the light may actually be warming the water surface to the point where to moor is uncomfortable.
    They sell suction cup thermometers in any pet shop, put one in your tank about an inch under the water line and see what happens with lights off and then again with lights on for a few hours, then move the thermo to the bottom and repeat your tests, you may find your moor just prefers cooler water.
    You can also look into cooler bulbs that provide more spectrum lighting without the heat.

p.s. Vary your fishies diet, they get as bored with flake as you would.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, con a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyse a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects"

Robert A. Heinlein

BLOOD WORMS!!!!! thats all i feed my fish now. anything else i should feed them ironcat?

Here are some better pictures of them, though they're still not as sharp as I would like.