Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Hardware for Humanity by Gruntville and TBCS

Administrator

Default Re: Hardware for Humanity by Gruntville and TBCS

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-hobo
    I sent $20 via paypal. Email address is burninhobo@bendcable.com real name is Rodney Emrick.
    Thanks dude...you rock!

Posted this on my forum with a link directing them here GL and you guys rock, i hope to make a donation soon i need to pay my bills first

ATX Mental Case

I have been remiss in stoping in here to thank people, so here I am.

Thank you Weirdguy and Dark Hobo and everyone else. It is true, we have raised over $500 already without really any advertising. We are working out the details about sponsors and making sure that we can collect the money without problems. I have heard about some "issues" with using PayPal for something like this and while I have called them and received verbal assurances, I want to dot my i's and cross my t's to make sure this goes off without a hitch.

Also, just an FYI, I am looking into forming a legal non-profit organization, just trying to figure out if I can do this without hiring a lawyer 'cause I don't have that kind of $$ and I refuse to take it out of the donations.

And Nexus, we will probably raffl off things in lots. So let's say a generous sponsor was to give us 5 cases, we would raffle all 5 one week. If we had gift certificates from a sponsor, we would prob do them all one week as well. As for big items, we are going to throw them in the mix whenever we deem it is worthwhile.

Gotta keep you guys on your toes.

And again, thank you so much for not only giving, but for the moral support in our efforts to do this.

E
    ================================================== =========
    "And when you kill a man you're a murderer. Kill many and you're a conqueror. Kill them all and you're a God." - Megadeth

Fresh Paint

Figured I toss $20 into the mix... Thanks for setting this up the way you guyz did, gotta love it!

I can only imagine the images I see every day do not even come close to capturing the true devastation of the areas involved in this natural disaster. My thoughts continue to go out to those effected by this event...

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Azoxy
    Figured I toss $20 into the mix... Thanks for setting this up the way you guyz did, gotta love it!

I can only imagine the images I see every day do not even come close to capturing the true devastation of the areas involved in this natural disaster. My thoughts continue to go out to those effected by this event...
    Thanks man...you rock.

ATX Mental Case

The Gaming group that I am with (DaltonGamersNetwork, or DGN) is a non-profit organization. All that we did was go to a bank and set up a bank account and then requested non-profit status. We filled out some forms and they were sent into be approved or whatever, and now we host LANs, taking money only to help us grow. Right now we are actually planning on having a LAN in the Nov. or Dec. timeframe that would help TC Thompson's Children Research Hospital. Kindof a Charity LAN.

Anyway, off of that flabbergastioness.. (is that a word?) I don't think it would be that difficult and you will probably not need a lawyer to get non-profit status.

Hope this helps.
    Thoughts become words, words become actions, actions become habits, habits become character, character becomes destiny...

ATX Mental Case

Well, in NY you have to create the corporation first. And that needs to have by-laws and officers and stuff. Then you need to apply for non-profit status. At that point you get your federal id number and open the bank account. The State filing fees alone are about $400, and if you saw these forms we have up here, you would go running for a lawyer to fill them out.

A friend of my mom is an officer in a local non-profit. I am going to talk to her tonight about partnering with them for this raffle. This will allow us to make everything tax deductable.
    "And when you kill a man you're a murderer. Kill many and you're a conqueror. Kill them all and you're a God." - Megadeth

ATX Mental Case

hmmm... interesting. The phrase

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy
    We're not in Kansas anymore Toto!
    comes to mind.
    Thoughts become words, words become actions, actions become habits, habits become character, character becomes destiny...

ATX Mental Case

Okay, so I said we would have a raffle every week, and we will. Tonight when I get home I will be picking the winner of a 380w Cooler Master power supply. I wanted to do it Friday but we have been very busy lining up sponsors and working on a web site and stuff like that.

Thank you everyone for your support.

Water Cooled

If you guys have a dedicated website, why don't you post the link? That way we can all check it out.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
    - Unknown