Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CompUSA going out of business

Default CompUSA going out of business

The website doesn't show anything yet, but if you go into your local store, everything is currently 15% to 40% off...

Actually, most everything is 15% off with 1 or 2 strategic 40% offs thoughout the store.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, con a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyse a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects"

Robert A. Heinlein

Default Re: CompUSA going out of business

Quote Originally Posted by Ironcat View Post
    The website doesn't show anything yet, but if you go into your local store, everything is currently 15% to 40% off...

Actually, most everything is 15% off with 1 or 2 strategic 40% offs thoughout the store.
    My local store closed about 6 mths ago and my uncle said that yea, theyre closing up shop.

Ehh, in my area all the CompUSA's have had their going out of business sales like a year ago. They have been gone and closed up for a long time.

They had some decent discounts then though. But nothing much better than what I got as a former employee for best buy. I didn't buy much of anything. Now that I don't work their I wish I had a compusa going out of business again. The discounts look much better than paying retail again

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Our CompUSA is still around =|

Although I did get $200 RAM for like $80, so...

I should work up some dosh and see what I can score.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Time to go Dumpster Diving

I got rid of my floppy disks Xpirate's Avatar

We had several of them where I'm at. Now the closest one is an hour's drive away. I was going to go the the one that was still a half hour away, but it is gone now as well. I don't think I want to invest in a two hour round trip to see what they have.

I subscribed to this thread. BigJohnson's Avatar

I had to find some random piece for my gf's ipod a while back and thats when I found out my CompUSA was going under. So I scored as much as I could...or just paid practically nothing for that piece.

Dropped by the local Compusa yesterday and there was no apparent indication they were going out of business. I looked around and did not see any real deals. In fact most of their prices were higher than the local Micro Center and Fry's. That is the main reason I never buy there. They usually are more expensive than anyone but bestbuy.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Does it come with Spinners?

Ours here in Fresno is also going under. I remember one down in la went outa business i picked up the Creative Zen's for about 50 bucks each. Best prices is usually the last few weeks.. if anything decent is left. Usually the odd and end cables, and ram things like that.
    "I may talk gibberish, but I don't talk crap"

http://www.pkgaming.com/main/index.p...ail=0&viewkey=

Greco101

Lol, I went like...6 months ago? to the one that was closing down by me and it was like 5-10% off... so...

their going out of business sale was still way more expensive than the egg haha. It was funny seeing "save 15 dollars on this 300 dollar monitor!"