Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 131819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Project N0NAME

Default Re: Project N0NAME

Thanks sirkilla, appreciate it...and great work dgrmkrp looking forward to seeing more

D'Oh

Hi everybody
    Got my hands on a 5MP camera for a few minutes.. and it's cable
    Got this out:

case.. with markings..

my sleeving and cabling..

another shot..

night shot... hmm... not much..

my night light, under the desk.. yep, it's a light from an LCD

..the inverter

..old psu, amplifier and it's cooling 'solution'

..front end..

.. i'll hopefuly get more pics when i do more stuff

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|

Glad to see you got a new camera, but you need to pull back a bit from stuff you're snappin! Can't tell what some of your stuff is!

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

D'Oh

@DaveW: sorry, the camera acts a bit different than my phone but i'm getting the hang of it.. never used it before and.. it's not that complicated, but i have no control over zoom and i'm actually taking the photos from 30cm.. cause if not, i would have been forced to reposition the stuff... well, next time i get my pc open, i'll shoot more stuff, and be more careful

the unrelated stuff is under the table i keep my keyboard and screen on.. there is a 12" woofer there, not used, that acts as a support for my pioneer amp the cooling i rigged there consists of 2 8cm /5V led fans connected to the (hot-wired) psu i used in my computer a long time ago.. also, for convenience and 'eccentricity', a CCFL tube is taped under the table.. i can put my keyboard on my knees and type at night.. if needed.. or study

more pics.. i've been toying with the macro feature, but now i see the importance of a tripod.. or a rock steady hand

mouse pics this time:

..the flash makes everything shinier and i can't see any flakes with my naked eye.. !?.. well, i have to learn how to shoot these scenes.. it's kinda harder in real life.. than in 3D :|

..'day' shots

..night shots

.. the first pics show that a steady shot is impossible right now i'm sleepy and can't focus myself.. and the flash is over-powered..

..till next time, happy modding

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|

You need to extend the exposure time and get a tripod. I actually wrote a photography tutorial, but i need to find it...

...ach, it's in a folder with the million other things i've written and not posted. Just too damn busy these days.

-Dave
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

D'Oh

i thought of that.. but all i can find in the menu is is the iso setting.. and an EV setting.. hmm... i should toy with them.. i know a bigger iso is for darker shots.. i read some articles on tomshardware, but i guess i just didn't need that info.. till now well, more exposure and a tripod.. hmm.. no tripod.. will improvise still, i have to hand write 150 exercises and half a note book of courses.. damn time... i wish i could overclock myself..

D'Oh

Default Re: mice atack!

Well, like i promised, i fu..dged another exam.. grrreat... so, i bought myself a new mouse i had an a4tech x-710 and now i have a x-750 (laser, 2500dpi )

..mouse in the .. nope, box and mouse out of it notice the nice under-belly..

..i gave my other mouse to a room mate and i got his in return, to mod this is the stock version..

..mouse disassembled

..starting to glue leather..

..trimmed version..

..after some fine cutting and gluing and cutting..

.. here's some potential.. i have a thing in mind

..how it looks now, after i ran out of glue.. hmm... till tomorrow..

nice mouse you got there

CAN YOU WIN PLAYER OF THE WEEK!!!
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tbcs

rest in peace mate GT40_GearHead's Avatar

that is theexact mouse i have, main is red

a4tech thing, right?

LOUD AND PROUD !

D'Oh

10ks.. yes, it's an a4tech.. which one do you mean? the blue one? or the black one

back to my crazy mice mods..

the victim.. the "gold-plated" connector.. comparison with normal usb plug.. nice surface and logo - will soon be gone..

..triple fire button (3x click).. side buttons and side grip.. i will try and keep the side grip as it's nice and rubbery and does its job nicely..

..mugshots of the victim..

..the laser sensor and the stuff on the belly..

..front to back and a nice foot pic.. this model uses black feet, as opposed to the white ones used in other siblings..

..dismantling and checking cut-ability and mounting system..

..frame and weight.. same model as in my other mouse (x-710), with the same x-708 (ancestor) marking.. 18 grams..

..guts 1.. laser diode and it's small circuit.. roomy design.. just some caps in my way, but doable.. again, lots of room with nice and neat organisation and button placement..

..guts 2.. the bi-color diode (will be replaced with 2.. red ones.. maybe), more markings and birth date.. laser from side... small height, perfect for what's next..

..top part and ... lower top part..

..mask/markings for cuts.. ignore the 'dots', i have..

..ta da.... . ..ta.... da... ta da..ta da..tada... (jaws theme).. stuff i was planning on using with the dremel on the poor defenseless mouse..

..usual leahter works.. this time, i'm thinking on something more refined.. so, lots of glue and sanding will go to waste to achieve a plastic integration.. with the palstic... errm... hopefully, you'll see what i mean..

another was sleeping..cutting work.. i used the soldering gun to melt thru the plastic and then a sharp cutter to sculpt it to the desired form.. coouldn't use the drill cause it broke - a room mate stepped on it.. he was ok.. (for a while at least..) and another was (is) asleep, so, no noise..

..this leather, although from the same patch, is different than the other one i used.. so the model is different.. the pics show how rough the cuts are.. need a lot of glue and sanding to make the 'grills' look good..

..i've taken out lots of material inside to make room for the fan.. haven't got it, but it should arrive on order.. a 30x30 or 35x35 or 40x40mm fan, native on 5V.. from sunon hopefully.. 5 of each for nice experiments.. and for other mice too...

comparison with old mouse.. younger brother... older build.. hmm.. weird.. the x-750 is slightly bigger, which i don't get.. as there is room inside, the circuitry wouldn't require a bigger housing and the added cost of another set of molds.. aaa... never mind

that's it for now, i'm gooing to sleep.. i'm gonna need some cash to buy like 35 grams of super-glue and some leds.. will check my stash.. i'm planning on making 'side skirts' of leather too.. and lacquer the remaining plastic piano style.. and make an inside cover for the electronics .. and add some filters in intake side.. a chromed wire mesh will do this trick.. the theme is black and red.. the output is over cut and needs some reshaping.. also, 2 more slits have to be cut on the last layer, thru the leather, cutter has died.. mm.. snapped :|

till now i've spent more than 12 hours on this.. but it was worth it.. i think i'm not even half way though.. so, yesss, i have hidden plans..

oh, because the mouse has no native lighting, i guess i could make it any color i want.. if you think blue is better.. post
    Last edited by dgrmkrp; 01-25-2007 at 11:57 PM. Reason: stay tuned :)