Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast

Thread: Project N0NAME

D'Oh

Default Re: Project N0NAME

well.. i have to say goodbye to all of you.. for a few days i'm moving back home and i'm not sure when i'll be back online.. a week at max, i hope.. i can't stay too long without the web, so hope everythings goes as fast as possible
    already sent my rig home, so this post is from a collegue.. bye everyone..

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|

D'Oh

I'm back... took a month for the cable guys to finally install my new connection happened just a few minutes ago after they left, guess what page i connected to?

I've done mostly thinking, seeing i was away from my pc for a few weeks.. but i think i got a theme and some modding ideas for my rig.. i've been home for just one day now and bills are pileing.. so i hope i get some money to make some of my ideas real

i've got some arrends to run, but i'll be back

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|

MitaPi

A few minutes after they left!? lol wow.. that deserves an award of loyal dedication or something! lol sadly I would be like... I.. need... myspace.com... I know I know.. thats horrible! But I think this site is slowing replacing myspace for me! Anywho, glad to see that you are back!

D'Oh

thanks...

after 2 days of working on some PCs (assembly and install), i got home and was thinking of starting modding again... i have an easy mod coming.. it involves paint and plastics.. so i'm testing chemical reactions dont' wanna ruin anything (like with the nice black finish on the psu )

Overclocked

im sorry the heatpipe company didnt respond. corel pisses me off. i know autocad like the back of my eyelid and nobody is really looking for it if you dont have a degree. i guess i will ave to continue with my obcession and design another car top down. or maybe another case.

"you must be the change you wish to see in the world"
    -ghandi

Anodized

hmm nice work and idea!
    but one thing reminds me. "Lots of fan, lots of wires"
    why dont you spend some money to buy a digicam?

looking forward on your project bro. good luck!
    Proud to be a Pinoy Modder

Overclocked

i have to say great renders... im such a newb to 3ds max i dont even know how to rotate the veiw! that is mighty troublesome.

"you must be the change you wish to see in the world"
    -ghandi

D'Oh

10ks guys your support is really appreciated

maz, you're absolutelly right.. it's really hard if you don't have a degree.. i'm working on that, but unfortunatelly, there is no way i can get one in CAD , any CAD.. no such thing at my university.. so all i have to say for anyone in this predicament is keep on doing it.. for yourslef oh, i'm a noob at autocad, but it seems i have to learn it... in order to manage a small cluster of pcs running autocad and max at a local factory.. don't have the time and i feel like 2D is sooo not 3D

about the pipes.. it's a shame.. i told them i'm interested in buying.. i don't need free samples.. i would even have ordered a lot of them.. but that's that. i'll skip custom made heatpipe air coolers and go back to my waterblocks they are not cheap to make (local CNC place charges about 15 euros/hour, including machine programming and everything, except materials.. depending on the complexity of a block, i may end up spending 10x the money i would pay for a commercial block plus shipping will have to solve this to go the my-water-way), but i think they would be worth it

xpc, i basically know what your saying and it pisses me off too.. so i'll buy a camera when i can afford it
    and the wires, when i get all things almost done, will get a nice surgery i'm working my schematics, but i'm still not 100% ready to show them.. i clearly don't need 3 wires per fan.. i'll probably end up using just one rpm signal (for the cpu header on the mobo) and 4 identical fans running on 2 wires only (+/-), with a special circuitry to allow some predetermined degree of control on specific fans.. this is probably the most complicated part of my circuitry, as i want a simple control-mechanism but some special features. as for other parts of the pc, they will revolve around a compartment-based cooling scheme, with similarly controlled fans. i plan on using as many 120mm fans as possible, all commonly connected and controlled, so as to achieve near-silent operation or a nice lil' storm

i have some pics of what i've thougth of, but the dang pc wont connect to the phone man, i wish i had a nice camera now... my experiments with painting have payed of, i think.. i repainted the red mouse with flames... now it's a tad deffierent and i wanna change some stuff inside it too that's all the modding i'll be doing, because i have to learn..bleah.. linear algebra.. for starters.. and 3 more "chapters" too... 3x bleah.. i hate it 'cause it's not helping me do real stuff (yet)..

Anodized

good to hear that.. i will wait on your next update.
    as of now im still in the process of planning on my casing for my 2nd rig.
    also i dont have a cam too.. lol.. we have the same problem bro.
    maybe next month...
    Proud to be a Pinoy Modder

D'Oh

well... this is what happens when i get bored.. i look around, try to find something small and not used and "practice" on it :) so this time, i'm learning on a mouse :)

this is after a first coat of clear

i was amazed how reflective the mouse turned.. i'm wearing a white shirt and i can see myself :)

i wanted to see if/how blue matches with the flames :)

not the best pic, but i think it shows how nice the clear coat is

after a few more wetsandings and more coats..

my phone's camera acts weirdly in this high light conditions :(

these are donors.. i wanted to see what i could use in a mouse..

couldn't use anything.. except the salvaged LEDs.. and i was a tad tired with the plain red of this pic..

i then looked at the bottom part of the mouse and wandered what i could do to it.. but without permanent damage..

so i made a cover for the inside :) first version..

second version..

revision.. more detail needed..

i don't like white.. black it is.. a nice marker should help..

..too slow.. so i took a brush and some die, poured some on the model and spread it :)

..time for changing colours.. ancient soldering "gun" comes out (my soldering iron died 2 months ago.. so i have to use this.. thing)

but it works :) i used the usb's +5V and gnd for.. well, 5V. the blue led is rated at 4,5V/20mA so i took the chance and tested the LED.. it works well and no funny smells ;)

then i changed the optical sensor's LED too.. this is like gambling.. i read around and some optical engines don't work after the change :( but this one does. like many mouses, the engine turns the LED down when not used, so i was afraid that maybe the voltage was too low for it to light at all.. but no issue..

.. i then soldered the second blue-led (this is the 5V one, that works all the time at full power)